Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New social group- "litter Kwitter Kitties"

Ahicks99

Banned
Looks like Im the only one using City Kitty to toilet train. I really need to get a camera to record what goes on in the bathroom. Looks like Lucy is getting used to the tray on the toilet so thats a good sign. I will leave it like this at least til Sunday. Maybe longer depending on how things are going.

So happy for all the Nakeds making progress. Thanks Sphynxie for creating this group. :ThumbsUp:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Looks like Im the only one using City Kitty to toilet train. I really need to get a camera to record what goes on in the bathroom. Looks like Lucy is getting used to the tray on the toilet so thats a good sign. I will leave it like this at least til Sunday. Maybe longer depending on how things are going.

So happy for all the Nakeds making progress. Thanks Sphynxie for creating this group. :ThumbsUp:

We were using the citi kitty at first but Nudie didn't really care for it so I got the litter kwitter. I'm happy to hear Lucy is getting more comfortable:BigSmile: Ripley actually had the idea to start the group and I was happy to do it. We need all the support we can get.
Here's my funny story of the day- Went to clean the tray out after Nudie peed (nothing new) and when I was holding the tray in my left hand and scooping with the right, Nudie tips the tray out of my hand and now I'm the one wearing cat pee and litter:Surprise:. Super funny huh:LOL:? Well it was 6am, I just got dressed and hadn't had enough coffee yet:Woo: So I put on my happy face (haha) and got to cleaning. Nudie was just staring at me the whole time going "could you hurry up I have to poo too". As soon as I put the tray back on the toilet, she pood and then flung litter on me (again) while trying to cover up her business. Ahhhh what a morning! My husband says I must really love Nudie because when he does something wrong he gets yelled at instead of praised like Nudie "good Kitty, Good Kitty":LOL:

Ahicks99

Banned
I use worlds best as well but can't help to think I'm about to clog the toilet with the clumps. Maybe because I have three on training.

Ahicks99

Banned
Whew so we cut our first hole yesterday. The boys are so fuuny both were curious to see what was n the hole. And since their heads couldn't fit they settled for a foot fishing. Both have been doing great no accidents for the boys. One even made it through the hole. Can't wait for next week and the next step. How are the other cats doing?

Ripley

Lairian
Good for you! We're still on Red (solid disk) on toilet. He's doing really well, hitting where the hole should be. He has had a few accidents, however. He has occasional diarrhea and he poops on the LK, then he will come back for just a little poop. Unfortunately, if I'm not there to immediately clean the first one, the second one will go on the floor. I think if he felt like he could do his business in one shot, he wouldn't have this problem and he only does it when his tummy is upset.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We tried to switch Nudie to the amber disk and she just held it all day. She liked looking through the hole and playing in the water but did not want to pee or poo. I had to put the red disk back because it's not good for her to hold it that long. I ordered the intermmediate disks and will wait for those.

Ripley

Lairian
One thing to try while you're waiting is to put the red disk in the toilet under the amber disk...not attached to it, just siting down below. Then you can put some litter on the red disk so it doesn't appear there is really a hole there. Some have done this by using a small container just a littler bigger than the amber hole so you don't waste litter. Anyway, you can reduce the litter over time and let her gradually get used to the idea of having a hole there.

Ahicks99

Banned
Can you post pics of the next step Nudie Im not sure the colors or whatnot but I noticed a small difference between LK and Citti Kitty. Citti Kitty seems to have smaller stages or smaller holes. Im not positive though. The boys could barely get their paws through this first hole. I see a big difference now with the hole. They are very curious as to why their box has a hole in it now. But none the less doing good. Ive even found poo in the toilet so thats a great plus. They seem really interested in scattering the litter down the hole. And would rather pee on the empty traty while aimming for the hole. LOL Hilarious I know but I am sure glad Im not alone as you all are the only ones who understand my madness. And what specifially Im going through with potty training. Hubby says to give them back their litter box. Hes not to fond of waiting for the Kitty to finish before he can start.

pooner

Banned
Pooner is moving on up to the amber stage today when we get home from the cardiologist. I'll keep everyone posted on how he does.

pooner

Banned
Pooner graduated to the amber stage today. Not sure how well he's going to do ???:Question:

amberstage.jpg
Hmm...what's down here???:Dizzy::Dizzy:

amberstageinside.jpg
Oh wow!! Thanks mom, this is the best water dish ever!!! :LOL::LOL::LOL:

pooner

Banned
Happy to report Pooner is using the toilet for his business not just a drinking dish:BigSmile:
I was pleased to find yellow water in the toilet when I got home from work, I just really hope he wasn't drinking after he made it yellow:Dizzy::Dizzy::LOL::LOL:

Back