Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New sphynx and new house

NoahsArk

Lairian
hello all! New poster, longer follower. We have one wonderful sphynx, Dobbie - surrogate mother to my son and general peace-keeper. We've been thinking about getting another sphynx for a while now, and I'm keen on a kitten/younger male (as I hear they settle with female adults better (she's 4). We're also just about to move into our forever home. What are your thoughts about bringing the new cat into the house when we move? My thinking is that is Dobbie hasn't had a chance to claim it as her own it might be easier on them both?
Any thoughts much appreciated, as well as thoughts on best gender/age.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I don't have any first hand experience but that sounds logical to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Hey there, so nice to hear from you. Moving can be quite stressful on humans and their pets. I totally see where you are coming from, but I personally would get my one settled in first and the shortly afterward bring in the new one. Stress in these guys can often bring on a URI especially in kittens, so you could have your hands full trying to juggle everything all at once. How exciting for you to be getting your forever home! I would ask your breeder to help match up a kitten to fit your girl's personality. Good luck on your move and journey for a baby. In the end trust your gut to know the best decision for your family.

Patti

Jynxified

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have to agree with Catzzzmeow as moving can be very stressful on your current cat as the whole place will be new and unknown to them. Adding a new kitten at this point may just be too much all at once. I would let your current baby settle in first before adding someone new. Think of it as being moved to a new office and then the day of the move having a new intern show up for their first day of training. Let your baby find the filing cabinets and coffee machine before adding the intern lol.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
I agree with @Catzzzmeow and @Jynxified let your girl
get settled first, to much of a change, at once, can cause issues.
Meanwhile, you can share pics of your girl.

NoahsArk

Lairian
Thanks all, that's great advice. Here's my lovey.

Attachments

• IMG_8655.JPG
    IMG_8655.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 20