Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Sphynx Mom - late night meowing- separation from kittens ?

LAmommy

Lairian
hi everyone!just wanted to introduce myself! I’m a brand new sphynx mom, I just adopted this seven year old female who is a retired breeder...She is the sweetest!

I was wondering—she roams the house meowing at 4am every morning meowing in the hallway..not looking for food...when I pet her she keeps going..I’m thinking maybe she is looking for her kittens? I believe the kittens were about 10 weeks old when I adopted her..just wondering if it could be her calling out to them? And what can I do to stop the meowing at such a strange time? It goes on for about half an hour and then she goes back to sleep..

I have been using this wonderful forum to look up all of my sphynx related questions and just wanted to thank you all ahead of time for your input on everything sphynx related! Still thinking of a name for her! ;)

Attachments

• DB35FD49-61B5-4A7B-9769-BA6668529C1B.jpeg
    DB35FD49-61B5-4A7B-9769-BA6668529C1B.jpeg
    144.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 800537DF-623F-4C32-971C-CC76F383E3E7.jpeg
    800537DF-623F-4C32-971C-CC76F383E3E7.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 50

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations! Your life has officially changed forever. So happy this girl has found her way into your heart and her forever home. She probably is just anxious being in her new home and will need to find a new routine. Did you think about buying Feliway diffusers? It might help.

LAmommy

Lairian
Congratulations! Your life has officially changed forever. So happy this girl has found her way into your heart and her forever home. She probably is just anxious being in her new home and will need to find a new routine. Did you think about buying Feliway diffusers? It might help.
I will look into that! Thank you!

Lynn W

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to Sphynxlair, @LAmommy ! You have a beautiful girl. Once she gets use to her new home, she won't meow as much as she does now. It takes some time for her to adjust to her new home. Give a stuffed toy to play with, my Dash loves his stuffies.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@LAmommy welcome to sphynxlair. And congratulations. It's great you adopted this retired girl.
She probably needs some time to settle. Although 4-5 o'clock is a time a lot of our sphynxies decide this is a perfect time to wake up their servants:).
A felliway diffuser can help to calm her and make her feel at home soon

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @LAmommy and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a cutie you have there! Great advice thus far! Please enjoy the community! :)

Back