Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

New Sphynx Mom

hi there,

I’m Kat, about 3 weeks ago I had the opportunity to adopt a brother sister pair of Sphynx. This being my Dream cat I jumped at the chance!

They have stolen my heart, probably the sweetest most adoring cats ever.

I’m new to the breed so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I do have a few questions, as far as care goes. I don’t believe my Bellatrix and Lucius were cared for how they should be,they had peeling skin black and green puss coming from the ears, and they left dirt stains on blankets.

I have since cleaned them up but wanted to know what I can do to continue their care and good hygiene habits i should have for them.

So happy to find this group, Thank
You all in advance

Attachments

Last edited:

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Welcome to Sphynxlair! Here is an area of the community you might find helpful. Sphynx Cat Help Center

Green/yellow pus from eye/ears are often an indicator of an infection. Have you had a wellness vet check yet?

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@new Sphynx mom I forgot to mention dirt stains on sheets, furniture and yes your shirts are very normal lol.

Welcome to Sphynxlair! Here is an area of the community you might find helpful. Sphynx Cat Help Center

Green/yellow pus from eye/ears are often an indicator of an infection. Have you had a wellness vet check yet?

No not yet, I’m still new to this so looking for a good vet. I got no paper work with them so I want to get them shots and everything too.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome! Big hugs to you for adopting, that's a gold star in my book! Your babies are stunning with fabulous names. I agree, see a vet and get them checked. In my experience since they're indoor cats you should have them fixed if they're not already. Good luck with your new family members and please drown us in stories and pics!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @KatTad1989 and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a pair of cuties you have there! Please enjoy the community! :)

Toa and Ross

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome @KatTad1989 to sphynxlair! How great you could adopt this two beautiful cuties. And big hugs for adopting.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@KatTad1989 , Hello l Kat !Happy Double Gotcha!Thank you for opening your hearts and home to this pair -

checking in for updates on adorables Bellatrix and Lucius

Will be following closely for updates
Always a good idea to wellness check with a vet-
My vet is not Sphynx specific but is more than open to consult with her colleagues
Green colored discharge can be a sign of infection so definitely would ask a vet

Head smooches sent

Many of us like Hylt shampoo for spa day -
I have adult Adoptees that hate spa day
I find Hylt shampoo - soap free hypo allergenic rinses easy - works well
For ears my vet got me hooked on Trizultra with Keto I wet on a round cotton pad and qTips to gently wipe out ears

Look forward to pics amd tales -

Sphynx Cat Help Center

Last edited: