Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Sphynx Mommy

newsphynxmommy

Lairian
Hello All! I am going to be a new sphynx mommy in december. I am very nervous because I have a 1 year cat already. I love her dearly and I am afraid she won't take to the new kitten or resent us for adding a member of the family.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Hello @newsphynxmommy and welcome to sphynxlair. Congrats with your soon to be new addition!
What's the name of the cat you have right now? And do you have a photo?:).
I don't experience with introducing a new cat in a home where already a cat lives but I'm sure others with experience will chime in.
Probably your cat will need some time to get used to the newbie but will finally be happy to have a new friend!

newsphynxmommy

Lairian
Hello @newsphynxmommy and welcome to sphynxlair. Congrats with your soon to be new addition!
What's the name of the cat you have right now? And do you have a photo?:).
I don't experience with introducing a new cat in a home where already a cat lives but I'm sure others with experience will chime in.
Probably your cat will need some time to get used to the newbie but will finally be happy to have a new friend!

Her name is Sophie and she is the first cat i've ever owned. I was sooooo not a cat person at all until my husband and I adopted her. (his want not mine). But now I'm a crazy cat lady and I'm beyond excited to get my sphynx

Attachments

• sophie.jpg
    sophie.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 17

Kate

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Getting a sphynx is so exciting. It will be interesting for you to watch and see the differences between to 2 breeds. I'm sure there will be some bumps along the way during the introduction phase, but if you take things slowly, I'm sure everything will be fine! Just keep in mind that hissing and fighting (with in reason) are to be expected and aren't something to worry over!

What colour of kitten are you getting? Boy or girl?

newsphynxmommy

Lairian
Getting a sphynx is so exciting. It will be interesting for you to watch and see the differences between to 2 breeds. I'm sure there will be some bumps along the way during the introduction phase, but if you take things slowly, I'm sure everything will be fine! Just keep in mind that hissing and fighting (with in reason) are to be expected and aren't something to worry over!

What colour of kitten are you getting? Boy or girl?

I am so excited to get one! It's been my dream for so long. I'm thinking girl cat because my current cat is a girl. I'm not sure which combination goes better together though. I'm going to meet the breeder next weekend to pick my kitten so I'm not sure yet which color. I'm more worried about personality so I can compliment my current cat's personality

Silke

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sounds like you're going to have a really hard decision! :)
Good luck with the kitty. :)
With my bunch (cat and horse) I honestly don't know who picked who.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello and welcome to the 'Lair. You are definitely living in exciting times now.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding was a boy and girl were better than two girls where cats are concerned. Personality, however, is definitely key.

Please keep us up to date with stories and pics. Sphynx often seem to love snuggling with furred animals!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
I'm sure, there, will be one, that, will own you, when, you visit.
Let us know how it goes, your choice and pics would be good to.
We love pics.

Siara

Lairian
Congratulations on your incoming boy or girl :3 I'm so jealous! I'm sending lots of good vibes your way to help with the integration of the new kitty. Lots of love and patience will go a long way.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Her name is Sophie and she is the first cat i've ever owned. I was sooooo not a cat person at all until my husband and I adopted her. (his want not mine). But now I'm a crazy cat lady and I'm beyond excited to get my sphynx

Sophie is a beauty! She looks so sweet. I'm sure she will love her new friend.

Enjoy your visit next weekend. So great you can pick the kitten you want. It will be a hard decision cause they all will be sooo cute. Pick the one your heart goes out too!

Back