Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New sphynx mummy to Sheba!

Chrissi

Lairian
Hi I bought home my first sphynx kitten on Saturday! I’m so in love with her.
I did lots of research before picking my pusskin into which breedsfit in the best with families and like to be cuddled. Then went on to look at caring for one.

she seems to be fitting in pretty well!

i would like some more advice on food though.The breeder was feeding her in raw and Whiskas wet and dry food. However I want to break away from Whiskas as it isn’t great quality.How much raw food should I feed her?

Attachments

• FF3F2CAD-1AA5-472C-BE46-7DE5BC0F4C66.jpeg
    FF3F2CAD-1AA5-472C-BE46-7DE5BC0F4C66.jpeg
    172 KB · Views: 24
  • 9757F1DA-3688-4155-80E2-1029D0C95F33.jpeg
    9757F1DA-3688-4155-80E2-1029D0C95F33.jpeg
    164.8 KB · Views: 28

Beckinboots

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome and congratulations. Sheba is beautiful. I can't help with your question, I'm afraid, just wanted to say hi and welcome.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Chrissi welcome to sphynxlair and congratulations! What a beautiful girl she is. For raw food I know most people follow the rule to feed a kitten as much as they can eat in 20 minutes.
Do you feed kibbles besides raw food? My vet told me that can cause tummy issues. Best is to make sure there is 2-3 hours between eating raw and eating kibbles.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Chrissi Welcoming you and adorable Sheba to the lair family!! Happy Sheba Gotcha!!!

surely members and members in your area will chime in with food recommendations/sources

so excited for you!!! look forward to you and Sheba being active members with lots of pics and tales!
jump in and enjoy this fun frie3ndly bunch!

Sheldon13

Staff member
Hi there!

You can feed her 3-4 times a day as much as she wants since she’s growing. Once she’s an adult you can feed her 2-3 ounces twice daily, just depending on her body condition. What is your source for raw?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Chrissi

Lairian
Thankyou for such a lovely welcome!
she has dry food (kibble)out all day which she hardly touches, then a mixture of raw food (hearts, kidneys,mince) or any off cuts from our meals when I prepare raw meat.

she’s so beautifuland loving already! We’re only on day 2 and shes been on my lap paddling and purring. Were so in love with her!

Fayiza

Lairian
Welcome welcome!! Don’t know anything about raw diets unfortunately, but just wanted to tell you congratulations on your new sweetie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Chrissi and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a cutie you have there! Please enjoy the community! :)

Sheldon13

Staff member
There’s a strong opinion out there that kibble and raw should not be fed at the same time. They need to be separated by 2 hours at least.

Also, you might look into a supplement like Alnutrin or Better in the Raw to make sure kitty is getting all nutrients needed.

Lucky kitty!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back