Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

NEW Sphynx owner.. Meet Devlinn...

MommyNaNell

Lairian
After years of begging my Aunt for one of her beautifully odd looking cats she let me take one with her on my last visit home. If our house wasn't crazy enough with 5 kids (ages 9, 6, 5, 2, & 9 months) lets add an almost 9 year old cat. Our cat's name is Devlinn, shes spunky for her age and loves the kids and all the attention and cuddles. She's loved so dearly by all my kids. Our dear Devlinn although has been sick with diarrhea or unfirm stools for the last two months we have owned her. We are currently undergoing medical treatment for overgrowth of bacteria. I have learned a lot from this site so far and decided to further engage by becoming a member. Thanks so much everyone.
devlinn1.jpg
Devlinn2.jpg

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome! So glad you decided to jump,in and become an active member. Your baby is beautiful. Hopefully your vet can get things firmed up a bit for her.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@MommyNaNell welcome again:). Devlinn is a stunning looking girl. Sounds like she found herself a purrfect home full of love and cuddle. Srnding healing vibes and hoping the meds will work

Yoda mom

Staff member
@MommyNaNell , welcoming you and your family to the lair family !
Happy Devlinn gotcha! She is gorgeous!
She sounds like a spirited fun girl!
Love seeing mature kitties here
2 of mine are turning 8 next week - act like 2 ! Just like your girl

Very happy and excited for you amd your family
So beautiful for them to grow up with Sphynx love -such an incredible interactive
Breed

So happy you are finding the site helpful
Don't hesitate to ask any questions

Positive vibes for her digestive health lkeep us updated often !
Will she eat s little 100% pure pumpkin (no spices check label)
My boy loves it heated a little - 3 seconds in microwave - good for poo issues

(Fwiw to share, I now feed Nutrisource cat and kitten food in the blue bag- online - not in big box stores -
I get st Hollywood feed .com or k9 cuisine .com
Cat & Kitten Chicken Meal, Salmon & Liver Cat Food - NutriSource Pet Foods
There site has a store locator too

It firmed them up right away - noted for its digestive health benefit and palatabilty .
Mine 5 kitties did better off high protein grain free
Was feeding Acana grasslands -
Now I feed amd go )

hesd smooches to Devlinn
Look forward to lots of pics amd tales om your journey with us :)

MommyNaNell

Lairian
@MommyNaNell , welcoming you and your family to the lair family !
Happy Devlinn gotcha! She is gorgeous!
She sounds like a spirited fun girl!
Love seeing mature kitties here
2 of mine are turning 8 next week - act like 2 ! Just like your girl

Very happy and excited for you amd your family
So beautiful for them to grow up with Sphynx love -such an incredible interactive
Breed

So happy you are finding the site helpful
Don't hesitate to ask any questions

Positive vibes for her digestive health lkeep us updated often !
Will she eat s little 100% pure pumpkin (no spices check label)
My boy loves it heated a little - 3 seconds in microwave - good for poo issues

(Fwiw to share, I now feed Nutrisource cat and kitten food in the blue bag- online - not in big box stores -
I get st
There site has a store locator too

It firmed them up right away - noted for its digestive health benefit and palatabilty .
Mine 5 kitties did better off high protein grain free
Was feeding Acana grasslands -
Now I feed amd go )

hesd smooches to Devlinn
Look forward to lots of pics amd tales om your journey with us :)

Thank you, we wanted an older established cat I figured we'd skip all the training, and she would be bigger so A we wouldn't loose her and B because I do have younger kids I didn't want them to hurt her accidentally (I know its still a possibility with an older cat as well but she also can fend more so for herself). We do watch the kids very closely with the cat to make sure they are treating her kindly and being gentle. She definitely doesn't act like an "older" cat. My husband is allergic to cats and our kids loved the neighbors so much, I knew she'd be the perfect fit. My husband doesn't like cats at all so he doesn't pet her or anything so the possible allergens from saliva and what not are not an issue. I opted for a cat instead of another dog. I figured she'd be easier to take care of then when we owned our two pitbulls. So far I've been wrong. We had delt with lots of sensitivity issues with them too, just not as much diarrhea. Hahah.

Devlinn does like pumpkin, I have given her some before. Right now I'm just trying to get her to eat more food she wasn't eating well for a few days. Today we have finally gotten her to eat half a days portion of dry food and 3/4 can of the prescription food she is suppose to be eating, which was 1/4 away from what they prescribed. The vet did say that the food I had her on was probably high protein and not enough fiber, I was going to look into getting her switched to a new food. My plan as of the moment is to keep her eating and finally eating the amounts she should. Putting on weight, and keeping her warm because her temp was low. Its been a pretty stressful journey, but once the diarrhea is fully gone I feel like it will be pretty smooth sailing. Fingers crossed. Thanks so much.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome! Your girl is beautiful, guessing she's a blue point, just like my Siiri. Hoping to follow your adventures here and healing vibes are sent!

MommyNaNell

Lairian
777B85F3-7CC4-43F2-B6F3-241B57D50D1D.jpeg 45C4F546-B7B0-48DE-86DC-F66B5CD54CEA.jpeg D90EE35A-B0B8-4B83-98D4-227AB0285936.jpeg Yes, these cats are like dogs! We really do love her and enjoy her very much!! She’s super cuddly with my youngest daughter who’s 2, I call her Elmyra (from looney tunes) but Devlinn puts up with her very well! We discourage Kenz from holding her. Devlinn still goes for snuggles and cuddles with her even after the overbearing love! 777B85F3-7CC4-43F2-B6F3-241B57D50D1D.jpeg45C4F546-B7B0-48DE-86DC-F66B5CD54CEA.jpegD90EE35A-B0B8-4B83-98D4-227AB0285936.jpegF0BE1C90-FBEC-4DEF-B837-D7D2FC9D7C31.jpegF0E7F381-E17B-45EF-B592-D4990B3B7E5E.jpeg8AFE0046-AF19-45B0-8B7C-675B435C33F7.jpeg2D78D031-6648-4F19-A243-40DB105E6849.jpeg98076C6D-B796-4AE0-9225-1DD9CA5B6BC2.jpeg

Back