Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Sphynx Owner!!

harry4210

Lairian
Hello!
I am new to this site, my name is Jessica! I have a wonderful new sphynx, Harry. He is about two years old and I have had him for a little over a month now. I received him from a family friend who could no longer care for him.

I am so in love with this cat! He is absolutely wonderful. Never having owned a sphynx before I do have questions!

About a week and a half ago I had Harry neutered, he seems to be healing well. I know it's only been a short time since he was neutered but his personality seems to be so different. He used to be so cuddly, and he would have to always be with me. After his surgery he almost seems "grumpy" or irritated. Just wondering if anyone has advice? :depressed:

Thank you!

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome!

He is one handsome man :)

I have two boys who were neutered at the same time.

One bounced right back the next day, the other took weeks to recover. He was grumpy and lethargic and we were really worried.

But one day, 2 weeks or so later he snapped right back to his regular old self.

Hope that is the same for your boy.

If you notice any other symptoms can always check with the vet :) trust your instincts!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello!
I am new to this site, my name is Jessica! I have a wonderful new sphynx, Harry. He is about two years old and I have had him for a little over a month now. I received him from a family friend who could no longer care for him.

I am so in love with this cat! He is absolutely wonderful. Never having owned a sphynx before I do have questions!

About a week and a half ago I had Harry neutered, he seems to be healing well. I know it's only been a short time since he was neutered but his personality seems to be so different. He used to be so cuddly, and he would have to always be with me. After his surgery he almost seems "grumpy" or irritated. Just wondering if anyone has advice? :depressed:

Thank you!
Due to him being a little older and getting neutered later in life may be why he is a bit grumpier, as @zoinks said, it may take a few weeks. If there is any other concerns like discomfort, eating or toilet issues, always see the vet. Oh, and welcome to the Lair!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to The Lair. You were given good advice...can't wait to hear when he is back to himself.

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the family! I agree that youVe already received good advice, so I'll just say we're so glad you've joined us!

harry4210

Lairian
Thank you everyone for the advice and warm welcoming to Lair! I sure hope he bounces back soon, everything else seems to be good with eating and toilet habits.

I will keep everyone posted :)

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the Lair family! I am sure after a few weeks he will be back to his normal cuddly self.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@harry4210 , a big welcome to you and Harry- so handsome- checking in to see how Harry is healing from his neuter- it took my Toby several weeks to get back to himself-

Gesundheit

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I wish Nym had been grumpy and lethargic after her spaying. She bounced right back as though nothing had happened. She wasn't even on pain killers. I kept running after her, saying, "Idiot! You just had your belly cut open! Do you want to pop your stitches??" At a whopping 6 months old, she didn't care.

Back