Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Sphynx!!!

Shauntay

Banned
After months of searching and mentorship... I have found my kitten! She will be shipped sometime next week, the arrangements are not finalized yet so I am not yet sure the exact date but I think it will be tuesday! As I dont have my hands on her yet, I am trying not to get too excited, because if anything happens as to stop me from getting her I will be crushed. She will be my first show sphynx, and I think she will be a wonderful girl to start out with. Shes white with a blue tail, and is out of Sundancenbare's Razzel Dazzel. Im practically giddy with excitement, Ive been telling my boys all about her, and Im sure little Douche will show her the ropes. I havent yet decided on a name but my boyfriend likes "Berlin". Ill post pics in an album. :D

ckutkuhn7

Banned
aww Congrats!! Goodluck trying not to get too excited! I had to post pone my pick up date 2ce, once due to weather and once due to a death in the family and an emergency trip to MI but she was well worth the wait! Welcome to the Lair!!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats on your first show sphynx.
I just got my new sphynx March 13h and he was shown last weekend and did well.
I can ot wait to see pics of her
The breeder called off shipping Cleo two times because the weather was to cold but she was well worth the wait.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Make sure they HCM Test, as the one cat named, has had an HCM kitten according to the HCM database (doesn't mean they all will and it could have come from the Kings lines and not the Queens, but worth checking and seeing HCM Test results on the parents, check spelling ended in 'zzle' as well as 'zzel' because of typos) :ThumbsUp::
--- SPHYNX HCM DATABASE --- SRB (Sphynx & Rex Breeders) GROUP ---

Shauntay

Banned
Oh trust me, I did the research on the HCM scans, and I know about the one cat. Both my altered boys have HCM, and it has caused me a lot of heart ache. I researched EXTENSIVELY every cat in both pedigrees, both parents were scanned negative a few months ago, I was given both scans, and have the vets contact info who performed the scans. I was also very lucky to be able to talk with, at great length, a certified cardiologist. Although scanning is the best tool we have currently...a queen or stud who scans clear for years can still produce an HCM kitten. And most CFA pedigrees consist of a positive HCM scan somewhere along the lines. I just hope eventually we will have a stronger understanding of this ailment, so we can rid the breed of this disease. I know I am not the only one who has stayed up crying some nights due to HCM :(

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am glad you checked the lines.
My friend just lost her girl to HCM a few weeks ago and she had scanned clear before.
I know so many others with HCM pos cats and it is in my Wrinkles lines.

Shauntay

Banned
haha dont be sorry, its concerned ppl like you and me, and others on this forum that help educate, and bring awareness! Im incredibly paranoid, with HCM as well as NI and pyometra, so Ive made sure to do a lot of research on all three :] The breeder did not hide the fact that one kitten had been born with a positive scan in one of her older litters. She told me without even having to ask. I have a great deal of admiration and respect for her, she has played a significant role in the breed. And has helped a lot of new bies like me with her seminars and such :)

Bella07

Banned
Congratulations! She is gorgeous!!!
It can be hard to find a breeder that you trust, so that is fantastic that you found one.
Can't wait to hear all about her once she is in your arms for good!

Back