Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New to sphynx cats

Acwilliams32

Lairian
About a month ago I had a customer come into the pet store I work at. She brought along her beautiful sphynx cat. I fell in love with her. I have been looking around at rescues and have been doing a lot of research. I'm just nervous about bringing one home. My biggest question is can a normal cat and a hairless cat live together peacefully? I also have 2 dogs in the house but they love my other cat. They all cuddle on the couch together. I also can not find any places close to me that have rescue hairless cats. I live in north western pa right near the NY boarder. If anyone can help with these questions I would greatly appreciate it.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Acwilliams32 Welcome ! I have 4 adoptees - two from a member .
Several of us have adopted from members so stay positve and check often .
Absolutely read the reputable breeder thread amd fraud thread

You can post a thread looking to adopt and give your area
We have had several succesful adoption here

Many of us have Sphynx , fur kitties and dogs .
They are very social kitties ! Mine head butt my big dogs and curls up with them .
You will see lots of pics here of multi pet households with Sphynx

Whisk the stars align check out the many great threads and info center to prep for Sphynx life
feel free to ask any questions
Glad you joined us !
Be careful with internet ads - lots of fraud

You cam post for reputable breeders , check with them for upcoming retirees too.
I adopted a healthy happy HCM scanned retiree

Here is a great link
Sphynx Cat Help Center

Keep us updated often

RaisinBambino

Lairian
About a month ago I had a customer come into the pet store I work at. She brought along her beautiful sphynx cat. I fell in love with her. I have been looking around at rescues and have been doing a lot of research. I'm just nervous about bringing one home. My biggest question is can a normal cat and a hairless cat live together peacefully? I also have 2 dogs in the house but they love my other cat. They all cuddle on the couch together. I also can not find any places close to me that have rescue hairless cats. I live in north western pa right near the NY boarder. If anyone can help with these questions I would greatly appreciate it.

Hi :)) I think Raisin is getting quite comfortable here at my place. I have an 8yo Corgi, 7yo chihuahua and a 5yo scottish fold. She made friends with my cat the fastest since both cats sleep on the bed with me&my boyfriend. She’s still trying to open up to my dogs since my corgi is extremely hyper and always running everywhere so she’s really cautious of him but I dont see any reason why a new sphynx wouldnt get along with your babies especially if you introduce them properly. Wishing you the best luck in your search. As i’m learning, sphynx are a great breed of cats if you love animals who are dependent of their owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Acwilliams32 and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! We have 2 Sphynx and 4 dogs of all different sizes with no issue. Please enjoy the community! :)

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Her name is Peanut Butter. We found her under my car one day 2.5 years ago. She was skin and bone and covered in fleas. She weighed maybe a pound.
You're awesome for saving your little peanut butter! A Sphynx will love her! I'm sure there's a Sphynx in need out there somewhere and they'll find their way to you. Welcome to the group and in sending some Sphynx Dust to you for luck!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back