Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New to SphynxLair in NNJ

Miriam

Lairian
Hello All,
My name is Miriam and I've been a mommy to 2 lovely Cornish Rex ladies... Kiva and Kali. Sadly, they've both passed of age related illnesses and my heart is left empty again.
I've heard such wonderful things about the Rex's cousin, Sphynx and thought I'd try my hand at raising and loving one.
Anyone know of a Sphynx (or a Cornish/Devon Rex) in New Jersey that needs a good home?

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello All,
My name is Miriam and I've been a mommy to 2 lovely Cornish Rex ladies... Kiva and Kali. Sadly, they've both passed of age related illnesses and my heart is left empty again.
I've heard such wonderful things about the Rex's cousin, Sphynx and thought I'd try my hand at raising and loving one.
Anyone know of a Sphynx (or a Cornish/Devon Rex) in New Jersey that needs a good home?

@Miriam Messer hello and welcome. I'm deeply sorry for your loss of Kiva and Kali. The Cornish and Devon Rex have very different personalities according to my second sphynx breeder as she also breeds Devons.

I wish I can help you out with information right now, but you can keep on checking the Adoption section here. Sphynx up for adoption seem to go fast.

What part of NJ? (I'm next door)

Miriam

Lairian
Thank you for your kind words. I just lost Kali in the past two weeks.

I have friends who've owned both breeds and their similarities are remarkable, however, every cat has their own individuality.

My Kali (and Kiva) were both sprite active and inquisitive things.. neither were afraid of other animals or ppl. They were always ready to headbutt a new friend or crawl right up someone's sweater for warmth and snuggles. Our home is empty without them.

I am in Northern NJ, across the Hudson from New York City.

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you for your kind words. I just lost Kali in the past two weeks.

I have friends who've owned both breeds and their similarities are remarkable, however, every cat has their own individuality.

My Kali (and Kiva) were both sprite active and inquisitive things.. neither were afraid of other animals or ppl. They were always ready to headbutt a new friend or crawl right up someone's sweater for warmth and snuggles. Our home is empty without them.

I am in Northern NJ, across the Hudson from New York City.

@Miriam again, so sorry for your losses and Kali was very recent. :( It hurts so much when we lose our babies. :(

The way you are describing their personalities, sounds like a sphynx to me. LOL

I'm in Staten Island.

Miriam

Lairian
Yes... Staten Island is close.
Please keep my in mind should you hear of a Sphynx (or Rex) needing a home.
I would also like to make contact with any reputable breeders you might suggest.
Thank you

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Yes... Staten Island is close.
Please keep my in mind should you hear of a Sphynx (or Rex) needing a home.
I would also like to make contact with any reputable breeders you might suggest.
Thank you

@Miriam I will definitely keep you in mind, but again, always check on the Rescue and Adoption section here.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
@Catzzzmeow might be able to help you.
She can start a private conversation with you. We aren't
allowed to post breeder's names on here. I tagged her, for you.
Best wishes. I am so sorry for your loss. It's heartbreaking.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Miriam and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! Good luck on your search! Please enjoy our wonderful sphynx community! :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Miriam, welcome to the lair family- and a great big (((comforting hug))) sent for your losses of ^Kiva^ and ^Kali^ .
No time is ever enough ... I am sorry for your heartache - they only knew your love and live in your heart forever and ever .. we are here for you - I truly believe thet send us the one(s) to love like they knew in this world -

Thank you too for considering adopting a bonded pair too - I have adopted a pair right here on the lair :). I have 4 adoptees that all came rather quickly within 1-3 months after my sudden loss of my girl (embolism).
Two brothers here , one boy from an ad , and one retired breeder.
I know you have a huge heart of love and care to share -

Jump in and enjoy this fun friendly bunch - all paws crossed the stars align soon!
Enjoy the forums with us - hope you are active with us - in the meantime ,
There are many fun games too we play here while you check back often in your search -
Keeping all paws crossed here for you in your search

Welcome

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Miriam I'm going to PM you now. Two sphynx just became available for adoption in NYC. They cannot be separated. Hurry if you are interested.

Miriam

Lairian
Thank you for the lead.. this was amazing. I have follow-up and am awaiting a response. Thank you so much. I will be happy to update on any good new with any luck. <3

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you for the lead.. this was amazing. I have follow-up and am awaiting a response. Thank you so much. I will be happy to update on any good new with any luck. <3

@Miriam I'm so excited for you. I hope this boy and girl will be yours. Please keep me informed. And you are very welcome. See?...I told you that I'd keep you in mind!

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Just an update... I am still waiting to hear from the fosters about my adoption application. But I have strong and experienced references, so I'm confidant that I'll hear back soon.

@Miriam I've been thinking of you and wondering what's going on with the lead I gave you. I'm glad to see you updated today. My fingers are still crossed that it works out for you. :) Please continue to update, I appreciate it.

Back