Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New to the Lair and Soon to Bring Home My First Sphynx!

TheCatGuy

Lairian
Hey All! My name is Brian and I will be a new proud owner of "Maple" a little tortie Sphynx at the end of March or the first week of April. I cant wait to welcome her to my family.

After being a longtime lurker of the SphynxLair I thought it was finally time to join the community, after all...I found out a lot of great information and facts about the breed while I was researching over the last few months. If anyone has opinions about the best litter boxes, liter, food, toys, etc. please let me know! As of now I am basing her food and litter off of what the breeder has used bringing her up.

I hope to contribute as much as possible to the community and to keep sharing her story.

Cheers!
-Brian

Here is maple! (about 1-2 weeks ago. I get picture updates usually on Fridays)
IMG_1088.JPG

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @TheCatGuy and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What cutie you have there! Please enjoy our wonderful sphynx community! (y)

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome!!! My goodness Maple is a tiny ball of precious. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to more pics and stories!

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Oh Maple is so sweet. Congrats! Glad you joined and decided to share your baby with us...let the count down begin! Looking forward to seeing you go from lurker to regular poster.

Patti

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to you and your adorable future Queen! One of our other members, @PrimateLove. has had 2 Torties. Hopefully she and the other Tortie servants will be able to tell you all about "Tortitude!"

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Definitly a melt down here: what a cuty little Maple is!
Nice you and Maple joined in on the lair.

For toys I just have two words: Da Bird!
My boys go nuts when I get da Bird out to play.

Hopefully your gotcha day comes soon!

PrimateLove

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi @TheCatGuy Welcome to the Lair! Your baby is precious and be prepared, your life will never be the same, in an amazing way!!!!!

Ohhhh...Tort-a-tude.....brace yourself and prepare for the greatest love of your life. My first sphynx was a tortie named Emma Leigh, she was a rescue and helped me fall head over heels with the breed.

Emma Leigh had a heart of gold and eyes to which you could not say no to...EVER! Sadly she lot her battle with lymphoma in June 2014.
14301233741_8d914afbcf_z.jpg

Emma's little Tortie sister MiniE (short for Mini Emma) came along in November 2013 and I have to say she lives up to the concept of Tort-a-tude. She likes what she likes, she wants what she wants, but she loves like you have never been loved before.
13534921724_9a22df08d3_z.jpg

13892836573_a86afcc92b_z.jpg

Our youngest, is a Mink Point and as clumsy, cute and crazy as a sphynx can get. We didn't get a tortie the last time around for no other reason than we fell in love with her breeder and knew that our next kitten would come from no other place. Delilah joined our family in September 2014. She has the bluest eyes and a heart of gold (like her big sissy Emma Leigh)

15883578654_00de25ffb0_z.jpg

16318682640_70232b9573_z.jpg

If you have any questions, Tortie or sphynx in general, let me know, I am always happy to chat about babies.

TheCatGuy

Lairian
Hi @TheCatGuy Welcome to the Lair! Your baby is precious and be prepared, your life will never be the same, in an amazing way!!!!!

Ohhhh...Tort-a-tude.....brace yourself and prepare for the greatest love of your life. My first sphynx was a tortie named Emma Leigh, she was a rescue and helped me fall head over heels with the breed.

Emma Leigh had a heart of gold and eyes to which you could not say no to...EVER! Sadly she lot her battle with lymphoma in June 2014.
14301233741_8d914afbcf_z.jpg

Emma's little Tortie sister MiniE (short for Mini Emma) came along in November 2013 and I have to say she lives up to the concept of Tort-a-tude. She likes what she likes, she wants what she wants, but she loves like you have never been loved before.
13534921724_9a22df08d3_z.jpg

13892836573_a86afcc92b_z.jpg

Our youngest, is a Mink Point and as clumsy, cute and crazy as a sphynx can get. We didn't get a tortie the last time around for no other reason than we fell in love with her breeder and knew that our next kitten would come from no other place. Delilah joined our family in September 2014. She has the bluest eyes and a heart of gold (like her big sissy Emma Leigh)

15883578654_00de25ffb0_z.jpg

16318682640_70232b9573_z.jpg

If you have any questions, Tortie or sphynx in general, let me know, I am always happy to chat about babies.

Wow, thanks so much I may definitely have some questions coming your way. Your cats are absolutely gorgeous and now I cant wait to get Maple even more!

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome!!

@PrimateLove is right!
My first sphynx was a tortie and she was nothing but attitude!
Sadly she lost her battle with panleukopenia in July of last year, it still feels like a piece of my heart is missing...

But a torite is all energy all attitude all the time, they steal your heart from the first moment and keep you guessing right up until their last moments!

Maple is adorable little handful, congratulations!

Skully2.jpg
Skully3.jpg
Skully3.jpg

PrimateLove

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Thank you, I will be sure to pick one up for her!

Also...my LOL's (Ladies of Leisure) LOVE LOVE LOVE these babies...

10050.jpg

Delilah will run around the house for hours with these in her mouth and we end up finding them everywhere. Best part is they collapse so when you step on one in the middle of the night, it doesn't hurt or trip you. A MUST have for a kitten :D

Ickushouse

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a tiny wee little bambina! It will be fun to watch her grow! Congratulations and thanks for introducing yourself and posting. You're going to have to keep busy on the Lair while you WAIT.....WAIT..... WAIT...........!

PrimateLove

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome Brian!

@PrimateLove - so, Torties have a bit more attitude? LOL -I'm getting my tortie girl this Saturday. I'd love to hear more about them.
Delilah is GORGEOUS by the way ;)

@Trisha Bit more attitude is an understatement, a LOT-a-tude is more like it :LOL: It is a wonderful thing, they are wacky, crazy, cookie and amazing. They play hard but the LOVE harder....MiniE does what MiniE wants and when MiniE wants LOVE MiniE GETS LOVE!!!!! She loves to shoulder surf. She is the first at the scene to investigate new items in the house and claims them in the name of MiniE.

Picked up a bouncer for our 2 leggeded baby coming home in a month in a half and before I had a chance to walk away, this was the scene...

16576110555_aa13573f66_z.jpg

Delilah on the other hand is a lover 24/7, she is also the vocal one in the group....chirps like a bird to get attention, cries if you leave a room without her...

They all have their positive personality attributes and none of them have any negatives :p

PrimateLove

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome!!

@PrimateLove is right!
My first sphynx was a tortie and she was nothing but attitude!
Sadly she lost her battle with panleukopenia in July of last year, it still feels like a piece of my heart is missing...

But a torite is all energy all attitude all the time, they steal your heart from the first moment and keep you guessing right up until their last moments!

Maple is adorable little handful, congratulations!

View attachment 55989 View attachment 55990 View attachment 55990

@MelissaAlice

Sorry for your loss, your baby was precious and it breaks my heart when I hear of a loss! Torites are crazy through and through!

TheCatGuy

Lairian
Hey everyone. Sorry for the multiple month delay in posts, I had to finish up at university and start working at a new job (actually moved on to another one now) so I was a bit preoccupied.

However, Maple is the best addition I have made to my little family (besides my girlfriend) She's the sweetest thing and a ball of energy and I can't remember what life was like without her. She happily hops in the shower with me, wakes me up for work, and is all around a great little kitty. Here are some pictures. Hope everyone is well.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
She is a cutie. I am happy to hear all is well, and by the look on your face it is obvious you are smitten with that kitten/parrot.

Patti

Yoda mom

Staff member
@TheCatGuy , awh! Soooo cute! I just looked at her earlier baby pic!
Maple has a face full of personality there!
Happy Maple gotcha and looking forward to stories and pictures!
Congrats all around! Lots to celebrate

Back