Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Years!!!!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
What is everyone doing for New Years?

All our neighbors and friends get together every year at one of our houses and this year it is at our house. I just love A reason for A party!

susi794

Staff member
I have a business meeting that morning for lunch, then I'll go home and get ready to go to my sister's house--if we haven't made other plans, we get together for supper and movies. I am diabetic, so I can't drink and I don't like to be out on the roads much that night either. So, it's just a quiet, family night for me.

susi794

Staff member
I have a business meeting that morning for lunch, then I'll go home and get ready to go to my sister's house--if we haven't made other plans, we get together for supper and movies. I am diabetic, so I can't drink and I don't like to be out on the roads much that night either. So, it's just a quiet, family night for me.

Man, I'm BORING!!!!!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member

That still sounds nice. It sounds like you and your sister are very close?

susi794

Staff member
Yes, we are...we are all we really have and while we didn't get along as kids, we love each other very much now. It's hard to be single, no parents, almost no family--so we live only about 5 mins. away and we get together frequently to hang out together. She's my best friend--most of the time! LOL...but we're still sisters.:LOL: so not all of the time!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, we are...we are all we really have and while we didn't get along as kids, we love each other very much now. It's hard to be single, no parents, almost no family--so we live only about 5 mins. away and we get together frequently to hang out together. She's my best friend--most of the time! LOL...but we're still sisters.:LOL: so not all of the time!

That is so nice. Most of my family lives within 1 mile of each other but most of the time they make me crazy:Hysterical: Sometimes I just have to pretend they live far away :Surprise:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
New Year's eve is Joe's birthday so we usually celebrate and go out to dinner. This year he got me tickets to see Dane Cook on New Year's Eve (!!!) so we're going to go out to dinner then see the show. I'm really excited and have never seen him live before.

Hope everyone has a great New Year's!

Elisabet

Lairian
We are having a quiet night at home with the cats, good food and champagne.
At 18 we will watch the queens new years speech.
At 2340 we will watch "dinner for one".
At 00.10 We will put on Johnny Cash and see all hell break loose from the kitchen window.

So Susi...

I am just as boring as you are. :Sad:

susi794

Staff member
We are having a quiet night at home with the cats, good food and champagne.
At 18 we will watch the queens new years speech.
At 2340 we will watch "dinner for one".
At 00.10 We will put on Johnny Cash and see all hell break loose from the kitchen window.

So Susi...

I am just as boring as you are. :Sad:

I'm so glad I'm not alone...:LOL: Happy New Year!:Celebrate::LOL:

Brooke

Banned
I'm boring, too!

There are too many people out on the road that have been drinking...I don't like to risk it, so I just stay home! Plus, most of my neighbors buy fireworks, so I can just peek outside if I want to see anything. :LOL:

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We are stay at homes too. We are getting up at 3:00 am to make the 12 hr drive to Sacramento, Ca on New Years Day so will probably be asleep at midnight lol. We are going to meet my son and family who lives in VA. They are visiting for the holidays down there so will take the opportunity to see the grandbabies. I cannot think of a better way to celebrate the New Year! BTW Susi I am diabetic also and don't drink. Whatever you all are doing be safe and have fun!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We are staying home.
We will have fondue and bread and Egg Nog.
My Coco must have her bp meds every night.
Then I have a 3 day TICA cat show in Lodi Jan 8th-10th.
I am less then 2 hours from Sacramento.

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Im staying home with my bf my brother & his gf. We r gonna get cheese crackers peporoni all that stuff & make desert!

susi794

Staff member
:Cool: It sounds like we're ALL boring! :Cool:
Actually all pretty darn smart! :ThumbsUp: Brooke is right--the crazies are out on the roads that night and I don't think I could live through the next head on car accident.
Marna, I wouldn't wish diabetes on anybody, so I was so sorry to hear that it is yet another thing we share...I like the other stuff way better! God speed on your way to Sacramento--be very careful--3:00 AM might still have some of the celebrants on their way home from the bars--very drunk. Be safe and enjoy your visit with your son.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
When I had Midnight we had a new year tradition that Meecho took to a whole new level last year. I like to go to bed about 11pm so I can be bright eyed and bushy tailed to shop on the 1st...gotta start the year off right:BigSmile: and at midnight the lunatic neighbors across the street come out of the their house and start screaming and banging on pots and pans. Now Midnight would take to giving them the evil stare while I screamed loud enough for the whole house to hear, but not the neighbors. Last year my darling Meecho apparently didn't appreciate them either and she actually joined me in the screaming:LOL: Gotta love the new year:Laugh:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'll be staying in.

My hubby will probably be working that night anyway, so we have no plans. I haven't drunk in years (apart from the very rare beer) and bars aren't really my thing.

Susi, I was borderline diabetic 80lbs ago, so I think I pretty much jumped the border on that one now :LOL:

We have a tradition, that I brought over with me, where a dark haired man has to bring in the New Year (has to be the first person through your door.)
So my 15yr old dark haired son (hubby is a red head) goes out the back door with some money, some bread and a candle, he then comes in through the front door. This supposedly symbolises good luck for the coming year and means you will have money, food and heating etc coming into your home, all year round. :ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
I'll be staying in.

My hubby will probably be working that night anyway, so we have no plans. I haven't drunk in years (apart from the very rare beer) and bars aren't really my thing.

Susi, I was borderline diabetic 80lbs ago, so I think I pretty much jumped the border on that one now :LOL:

We have a tradition, that I brought over with me, where a dark haired man has to bring in the New Year (has to be the first person through your door.)
So my 15yr old dark haired son (hubby is a red head) goes out the back door with some money, some bread and a candle, he then comes in through the front door. This supposedly symbolises good luck for the coming year and means you will have money, food and heating etc coming into your home, all year round. :ThumbsUp:

Girl, if you even think you have crossed over to diabetes--please get checked! Untreated diabetes is so serious. Promise me that you will have your bood sugar checked.
Your dark haired man tradition sounds cool--wish I knew a dark haired man who wanted to come into my house...<snicker>:Wink: I'd like a little warmth in my house:Surprise::Wink:

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Promise me that you will have your bood sugar checked.

I have a tester machine from when they thought I had gestational diabeties a couple of years ago, so I do test if I'm feeling dizzy or feeling 'odd.'
Don't worry about me (thank you though), I'm learning how I react to foods/ not eating enough/ eating too much and have started an diabetic friendly diet today (was going to start NY's Day but thats a bad day to start a diet.:LOL:)
I know diabetes can be bad, my great uncle has had both his feet amputated due to his diabetes, one last year and one this year. :ThumbsDown:

Your dark haired man tradition sounds cool--wish I knew a dark haired man who wanted to come into my house....
Grab the mailman tomorrow morning.:LOL::LOL::LOL:

2sphynxgirl

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I must be the queen of boring because we are going out & I wish we were staying in!!:BigSmile:

The last time we went out on NYE was 99-2000 and that was fun with fireworks & stuff. Since then, we have made snacks, drank grape juice "bubbly" and struggled to stay up until 12 with my step son.

It was a fun fAmily tradition, but this year we are attending a party with my husband's new colleagues-so it's a "have to" thing. Not to mention I am moving to a new state tomorrow & will probably pass out by 9 from being so tired!!!:LOL::LOL:

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Now that would be a great plan...but my mailman is a woman! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Susi, you're a stitch! :LOL:

I'm boring too. I'll probably be in bed by midnight, snuggled with my hairless babies. It's just too cold to be out running around. Luckily my neighborhood is quiet--no pots and pans like Kalliee. YIKES!! Although, if I happen to find a dark-haired man, my plans could change :LOL: :LOL:

Marna, be careful on your drive. I'm with Susi and Brooke that there still might be a lot of people on the road that shouldn't be! Enjoy the visit with the grandkids : )

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Sound like everyone is having their own fun:ThumbsUp: We stay home to avoid the drunk drivers, but our block always gets together its fun, and the kids go wild and run around like crazy. I think I will give them some pots and pans to bang:Laugh: they will love that.

Back