Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

New Years!!!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I already have my gorgeous "dark-haired man', so I think I'm set for the new year. :Wink:

I had the opportunity to go with my BF to a fabulous New Year's Eve soiree at a high-end resort hotel in our neighborhood (including dinner buffet, h'or deurves, free champagne, a live band and dancing, breakfast buffet, and overnight stay at the hotel) with my sister, her bf and her friends, but at the last minute, I decided not to go. :Sad:

The reason why I'm not going to the hotel's gala event is because my doctor has put me on a strict diet (including no alcohol) and I don't want to be tempted with all the delicious gourmet food and free champagne that'll be available at the party. Unfortunately, I have a lot of health problems that I want to get resolved FOR GOOD within the new year. I'm not diabetic yet but I have PCOS and insulin resistance, along with chronic fatigue syndrome, hypothyroidism, adrenal problems, and chronic yeast infections. :Sweat: I've also gained a lot of weight within the past two years because of these health problems. I've always been a petite size 4 or 6 for most of my life and now I am a huge buffalo...I barely recognize myself in the mirror anymore. :Cry:

I really want 2010 to be the year where I will regain my health, my figure, and most importantly my quality of life! So if I have to sacrifice going to a party or two to obtain that objective, then it will well be worth it! Fortunately, my BF is staying home with me Thursday night to support my health and weight loss goals. He's been great and very supportive of me throughout these struggles I've had...he still loves me despite my weight gain and lack of energy, so I guess I'm lucky in that regard.

Sorry to all of you for rambling on and on....I felt the need to vent about this. I also feel a little sad that I won't be able to celebrate the new year in style like my sister and her friends. I sure hope all of this sacrifice will be worth it in the end. :ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
I already have my gorgeous "dark-haired man', so I think I'm set for the new year. :Wink:

I had the opportunity to go with my BF to a fabulous New Year's Eve soiree at a high-end resort hotel in our neighborhood (including dinner buffet, h'or deurves, free champagne, a live band and dancing, breakfast buffet, and overnight stay at the hotel) with my sister, her bf and her friends, but at the last minute, I decided not to go. :Sad:

The reason why I'm not going to the hotel's gala event is because my doctor has put me on a strict diet (including no alcohol) and I don't want to be tempted with all the delicious gourmet food and free champagne that'll be available at the party. Unfortunately, I have a lot of health problems that I want to get resolved FOR GOOD within the new year. I'm not diabetic yet but I have PCOS and insulin resistance, along with chronic fatigue syndrome, hypothyroidism, adrenal problems, and chronic yeast infections. :Sweat: I've also gained a lot of weight within the past two years because of these health problems. I've always been a petite size 4 or 6 for most of my life and now I am a huge buffalo...I barely recognize myself in the mirror anymore. :Cry:

I really want 2010 to be the year where I will regain my health, my figure, and most importantly my quality of life! So if I have to sacrifice going to a party or two to obtain that objective, then it will well be worth it! Fortunately, my BF is staying home with me Thursday night to support my health and weight loss goals. He's been great and very supportive of me throughout these struggles I've had...he still loves me despite my weight gain and lack of energy, so I guess I'm lucky in that regard.

Sorry to all of you for rambling on and on....I felt the need to vent about this. I also feel a little sad that I won't be able to celebrate the new year in style like my sister and her friends. I sure hope all of this sacrifice will be worth it in the end. :ThumbsUp:

Good for you! And good for your handsome dark haired man BF. I lost 58 lbs. this year and am hoping to keep it going this year--would like to be able to get off insulin if I can. So, I understand how difficult it can be while the rest of the world seems to be partying, that you are not. But you shouldn't say no to everything or you will swiftly tire of being different and the diet will fail. Eat before you go, drink one glass of champagne then switch to a diet ginger ale instead. Concentrate on the friends and dancing, etc. rather than the treats. You can have both a social life and good health if you work at it. Pack a little baggie of treats for yourself to eat instead of hors'doerve, etc. And have a gourmet salad or something less fattening, The dancing would be good exercise!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Good for you! And good for your handsome dark haired man BF. I lost 58 lbs. this year and am hoping to keep it going this year--would like to be able to get off insulin if I can. So, I understand how difficult it can be while the rest of the world seems to be partying, that you are not. But you shouldn't say no to everything or you will swiftly tire of being different and the diet will fail. Eat before you go, drink one glass of champagne then switch to a diet ginger ale instead. Concentrate on the friends and dancing, etc. rather than the treats. You can have both a social life and good health if you work at it. Pack a little baggie of treats for yourself to eat instead of hors'doerve, etc. And have a gourmet salad or something less fattening, The dancing would be good exercise!

Thanks for your understanding, susi! And congratulations on losing almost 60 pounds...that is quite an accomplishment! :ThumbsUp: You're right, I still could go to the party, but I don't have a lot of faith in my willpower yet (or lack thereof), my knees and feet hurt really bad when I dance or even stand for too long, and I don't have anything to wear anyway. Unfortunately the weight gain has taken a huge toll on my self-esteem and I feel really self-conscious when I go out or when I'm around people. Besides, Terry (my guy) was kind of relieved that we weren't going to the party after all...he's an introvert and real homebody kind of guy, so he's just as happy staying home.

Hope you don't mind me asking, but how did you lose all that weight? 58 lbs is a LOT of weight...I bet you feel so much better now! :BigSmile:

susi794

Staff member
I don't mind at all...Weight Watchers is a great program. You can have anything you want, just have to make better choices. Kinda fell off the wagon a little myself--gotta get back on!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Oh Sydkat don't get down on your self, I am sure the 2 of you will have A great night home together. I have no will power either and I think I have eaten all the leftover Christmas deserts myself:Laugh:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't mind at all...Weight Watchers is a great program. You can have anything you want, just have to make better choices. Kinda fell off the wagon a little myself--gotta get back on!

That's great that you were able to lose your weight doing Weight Watchers. WW is a great program for most people but it didn't work for me. I'm doing a doctor-directed protocol instead....it's really strict, but it's supposed to get significant results fast (while still being safe). I'm anxious to get started next week!

Oh Sydkat don't get down on your self, I am sure the 2 of you will have A great night home together. I have no will power either and I think I have eaten all the leftover Christmas deserts myself:Laugh:

Thanks for the encouragement, ilovemysphynx. As long as I can spend time with my sweetie, I'll have a great time even if I'm not at a fancy party. And I'm sure that as the weight starts coming off, I'll be feeling better about myself again too! :ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
I'll be remembering you in my prayers--I know how difficult all this is. I'll be supportive in any way I can...want to start a weight loss group here? We could post or private message our weight loss or gain to each other weekly to keep ourselves accountable to someone. I'm already here all the time anyway, so checking in to the weight loss group wouldn't be difficult. We have the first ten, sphynx singles, sphynx marrieds, how about the sphynx dieters?
Anybody else interested in joing a group like that? We could exchange low cal recipes, etc. We could do little contests for sphynx prizes, etc. What do you think?

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'll be remembering you in my prayers--I know how difficult all this is. I'll be supportive in any way I can...want to start a weight loss group here? We could post or private message our weight loss or gain to each other weekly to keep ourselves accountable to someone. I'm already here all the time anyway, so checking in to the weight loss group wouldn't be difficult. We have the first ten, sphynx singles, sphynx marrieds, how about the sphynx dieters?
Anybody else interested in joing a group like that? We could exchange low cal recipes, etc. We could do little contests for sphynx prizes, etc. What do you think?

I'd be up for that! Even though I'm not doing the same diet others here may be doing, it'll still be great to get some encouragement and support. Plus, it'll be fun to have our sphynx cats be our motivators! My goal is to be looking as cute and petite as Piglet does (especially naked) by this summer...LOL! :Laugh:

susi794

Staff member
I'd be up for that! Even though I'm not doing the same diet others here may be doing, it'll still be great to get some encouragement and support. Plus, it'll be fun to have our sphynx cats be our motivators! My goal is to be looking as cute and petite as Piglet does (especially naked) by this summer...LOL! :Laugh:

Great! It wouldn't matter what kind of diet we're doing--just working together toward a common goal. Anyone else interested in joining a group like this?

Elisabet

Lairian
Count me in...
I want to look as cute naked as Decibel.
But I am kind of afraid that when I am through loosing weight I am going to look more like a sharpei than a cute tight sphynx. :LOL:
But at least Ill be healthy.

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Count me in...
I want to look as cute naked as Decibel.
But I am kind of afraid that when I am through loosing weight I am going to look more like a sharpei than a cute tight sphynx. :LOL:
But at least Ill be healthy.

:LOL::Hysterical::LOL: That's funny, Elisabet. I'm sure you won't look like a sharpei, although they are pretty cute in their own wrinkly way. :Dizzy: My sister used to own a sharpei...she said it was the best dog she ever had!

Elisabet

Lairian
:LOL::Hysterical::LOL: That's funny, Elisabet. I'm sure you won't look like a sharpei, although they are pretty cute in their own wrinkly way. :Dizzy: My sister used to own a sharpei...she said it was the best dog she ever had!

That depends on a lot of things.
The elasticity of the skin, how quick and how much weight you loose, and your age.
My girlfriend when I was 13 lost 55lbs and her stomach looked very wrinkly.
But I have seen people in magazines who has lost twice that who is still tight.
But we´ll see.
My guess is still sharpei. :LOL:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That depends on a lot of things.
The elasticity of the skin, how quick and how much weight you loose, and your age.
My girlfriend when I was 13 lost 55lbs and her stomach looked very wrinkly.
But I have seen people in magazines who has lost twice that who is still tight.
But we´ll see.
My guess is still sharpei. :LOL:

I hear you, Elisabet. Well, even if my belly ends up a little saggy (like my cat Piglet's; she's an old sphynx girl :LOL:), I'll still be happy with the excess weight off...I'm sure you'd agree!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member

Well get going on that group. Sure sound great to me!:ThumbsUp:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We have friends coming over & spending the night; not into being around the "amateurs" of the biggest night of the year, not worth the risk & $ to go anywhere....
Then it is back to my diet so I can get down to 115Lbs. for our wedding reception. :Hysterical:

gizmo6370

Banned
8c963a77.gif

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We have friends coming over & spending the night; not into being around the "amateurs" of the biggest night of the year, not worth the risk & $ to go anywhere....
Then it is back to my diet so I can get down to 115Lbs. for our wedding reception. :Hysterical:

That's the weight I'd like to get down to also, Kerrie...115 lbs. or 120 lbs. at the most. When one is short like I am, every pound REALLY shows! I'd like to wear a size 4 or 6 again by this summer.

Gizmo, thanks much for the beautiful New Year's greeting! :BigSmile: A very Happy New Years to you and everybody here as well!

Brooke

Banned
That's the weight I'd like to get down to also, Kerrie...115 lbs. or 120 lbs. at the most. When one is short like I am, every pound REALLY shows! I'd like to wear a size 4 or 6 again by this summer.

Gizmo, thanks much for the beautiful New Year's greeting! :BigSmile: A very Happy New Years to you and everybody here as well!

I'm 5'10". I think one of my legs weighs 115 pounds!! :LOL::LOL:

Happy New Years, everybody!! It's only 8:00 here, and my neighbors have already been shooting off their fireworks for 2 hours. It's gonna be a looooong night! :Dizzy: But, the cats don't seem at all bothered by the noise yet! :ThumbsUp:

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm 5'10". I think one of my legs weighs 115 pounds!! :LOL::LOL:

Happy New Years, everybody!! It's only 8:00 here, and my neighbors have already been shooting off their fireworks for 2 hours. It's gonna be a looooong night! :Dizzy: But, the cats don't seem at all bothered by the noise yet! :ThumbsUp:

Ah, Brooke, you're lucky to be so tall! It sucks being short, trust me! :ThumbsDown:

It's 6:00pm here in mountain standard time and we're still waiting for the action to start. :Celebrate:

Back