Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Newb here

Airoo

Lairian
I have wanted a sphynx for years but have never found the right opportunity to get one till recently. I have only one other house pet: a friendly black male cat. I'd love to get him a friend because I feel like he's looking for another cat to play with, and I would love to be a sphynx owner if I did get another cat.

I also have a good friend who has no pets in his apartment but he only wants a sphynx if he got anything. I'm always looking just in case I can give him the gift of a wrinkly little companion.

So, maybe this is the best place to head in that direction. In the meantime I enjoy looking at pictures of everyone's beautiful gargoyles

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @Airoo and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! Be sure to check out our adoption/ rescue section periodically for available sphynx. Please enjoy the community! :)

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Airoo , Welcome! Glad you joined this fun friendly bunch ! Lots of great info on the site to prepare for sharing your hearts with a sphynx!
I love black cats amd take care of a neighborhood black cat I named Raven

So you have a pic of your black cat to share ? What is his name?

Be sure to post a thread in the adoption section expressing your interest to adopt and your location .
Stay positve ! I have 4 adoptees
Two of which I adopted from a ,e,bed theu the adoption section here on the lair

The right one will find you :)
Hope you are active with us amd share pics amd tales of your kitty while you await the sphynx stars to align

Yes , I swear they look like the little garden gargoyles I have :)

Airoo

Lairian
I would love to get a rescue, help someone find a new good home for their Sphynx if they are in need! But of course, I dream of having a little baby running around because they're so fun to watch from that age. I dunno how often kittens pop up here though ;w; I'll still lurk and hope though!

Either way, here's some pictures of my cat, his name is Dr. Rockso and he's got the best personality of any animal I've ever owned!

2014-11-14 17.11.19.jpg

train.jpg

2014-05-09 09.16.14.jpg

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
Handsome little gentleman, you have.
What areas are you looking to adopt from?
You can also reach out to reputable breeders.
they have sphynx they are going to retire.
They are still young and if the breeder is reputable
they will stand behind the cat. So do your research.

Airoo

Lairian
Welcome to sphynxlair, good to have you.
Handsome little gentleman, you have.
What areas are you looking to adopt from?
You can also reach out to reputable breeders.
they have sphynx they are going to retire.
They are still young and if the breeder is reputable
they will stand behind the cat. So do your research.
I am in Oregon, I would be willing to go around to another nearby state at least. Thank you for the welcome and some tips!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Airoo , awhhhh Dr Rockso is so handsome! I adore black cats! Have always had ome in my life -
For the past 8 yrs I take care of a black cat that jumped off a furniture delivery truck across the street .
I tracked down the owner and she refused to come get her .
Will try to attach a pic of Raven.

She was meant to be since my black kitty Ebony passed away .. Ebony was given to me by a guy in a laundry mat thst wamted a date amd brought me a kitty surprise . I took her home and my dad said to name her "gone"
Lol she stayed :)
Ebony lived with me in NY then to Colorado then to Seattle . She was an amazing cat and lived a long happy life.
Raven looks just like her .
@Airoo , here is a pic of Raven

image.jpeg

Keep active with us and keep an eye out on the adoption section.
I have 4 adult adoptees amd they are like I had them since babies - and the bonus you miss all the kitten poo foot! Lol

Extra head smooches to Dr Rockso! He looks like he has a lot of personality !
Thank you for sharing his pics! All bs ones are lair family here

Last edited:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Dr. Rockso is handsome, cute and funny. Hope you find a naked buddy for him.