Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Newborn scratches

Natka58

Lairian
Do you cut newborn nails? They scratch each other up pretty badly. Anything safe to put on their scratches for them to heal faster or just leave it alone?
Thank you

Sheldon13

Staff member
Do you cut newborn nails? They scratch each other up pretty badly. Anything safe to put on their scratches for them to heal faster or just leave it alone?
Thank you

I don’t see a reason why you couldn’t. Just be really careful. I’d probably use human baby nail clippers for precision.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Agree I would use human clippers when they are that little. Just be sure they are new/sharp. If they are old/dull it will crush the nail and be painful. Humans are known for not replacing theirs over the years. I actually replace the cat nail cutters every couple of years for this reason.

Natka58

Lairian
Agree I would use human clippers when they are that little. Just be sure they are new/sharp. If they are old/dull it will crush the nail and be painful. Humans are known for not replacing theirs over the years. I actually replace the cat nail cutters every couple of years for this reason.
Oh and that sound when they are dull and hitting nail Ggrr—-
I Count not place the clippers over their nails without fear of cutting half their foot off really sharp manicure scissors worked wonderfully. Thank you