Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Newlyweds looking to adopt in Nashville

sarralewis

Lairian
And for anyone curious, this is the type of post I find a lot on Craigslist.

There is someone also posting just snippets of Sphynx facts/demeanor as if they have cats for sale for $800/each throughout West Tennessee, Alabama and Georgia.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 11.35.44 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-23 at 11.35.44 AM.png
    38.9 KB · Views: 18

sarralewis

Lairian
I hear you. Kittens are cute but I’d way rather have an adult adoptee. Stay vigilant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That is my big thing. They're undeniably adorable and fun in the discovery phase...but when they're chewing on someone elses stuff. Our current cat has turned to chewing on drawstrings on hoodies and PJ pants and clawing the rug my HR director got us as a wedding present (even though she has a 4ft cat tree that she uses twice a week). So I know I would get frustrated with a kitten adding to that and having to be trained to stop.

I told James I won't get another cat unless it's a hairless, and I'm holding firm on that. It's just a matter of finding an adult.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Definitely learn this thread inside and out if you are checking ads

We have seen very very creative scams
Unfortunate for the legit that advertise
But l personally now always prefer adopting here or through referral

Trust your gut
I did pass on the first few kitties
and nearly scammed off a hoobly Ad

All paws crossed the sphynx stars align

I sent you a PM

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Condo commando
Years ago I adopted a supreme grand champ Bengal
I found him by reading the getting to know your Bengal book -
Contacted the breeder whose photos were listed in the book!

@sarralewis you can contact your vets office too
Amd other nearby vets and shelters

My vet has had a few sphynx looking for homes over the years

Lol maxed out here with 4 nakid adoptees all came to me with a few months
Two from a member
stay active and check often
Jump in and post with us
Good networking if someone should hear of a kitty avail in your area

The right one Will find you :)

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Condo commando
Years ago I adopted a supreme grand champ Bengal
I found him by reading the getting to know your Bengal book -
Contacted the breeder whose photos were listed in the book!
Wow that's amazing! Mine was "only" a Champion Siamese. I paid a whopping $200, granted it was 20 years ago. The best thing about show cats to me is that in order to be in the show environment where they get handled by strangers they have to be super friendly, outgoing, playful, easygoing....they check all the boxes.

sarralewis

Lairian
I put myself on a breeders wait list for a retired kitty, but there's no telling how many people are ahead of me or when one will be available.

I am not done looking, because I am a crazy cat lady and I wouldn't mind ending up with a few more lap warmers.

When my husband sees me doing my daily hunt, he will hold our cat and tell her "she's looking for an intruder! she's going to replace you with something new"
Thank god she can't understand him antagonizing her or she would end up thinking we are gonna trade her in rather start building a private cat zoo. hahaha

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

sarralewis

Lairian
You're on your way! Don't worry about people in front of you; I put myself on a list that by the time I got contacted I had already found another cat so I passed.

A retired show Devon Rex just came up for adoption in Ohio. You want a zoo right? It says they'd prefer no other pets but that's very hard to find and at least you don't have kids or dogs.

[URL="http://www.breedlist.com/retired/dev-ret.html[/URL]"]www.breedlist.com/retired/dev-ret.html[/URL]

I love when devons have the finger-wave look on their coat!
We have a female though, I don’t know that a moody cat would be a good addition.

And thank you for that source, in all my searching I’ve never heard of the site before.

Back