Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Newmie's Getting Neutered Tomorrow

Brooke

Banned
NO !!!! He's got some huge "peanuts" the way it is!!!! My doc was laughing when I pointed it out! LOL:Surprise:

:LOL: I know what you mean! Not only were Walter's "peanuts" huge (at 2 years old, can you imagine?!) but, they were COMPLETELY COVERED IN BROWN FUR!!! My vet had to leave the room, he was laughing so hard when he saw them!

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL: I know what you mean! Not only were Walter's "peanuts" huge (at 2 years old, can you imagine?!) but, they were COMPLETELY COVERED IN BROWN FUR!!! My vet had to leave the room, he was laughing so hard when he saw them!

LOL!!!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

CoolSphynx

Lairian
YAY! Rest up, Newmie !
I smile everytime I log in and see his SOTW picture-- it belongs on a shirt or mug. I'd totally buy a mug with that ministud on it. :BigSmile:

Brooke

Banned
YAY! Rest up, Newmie !
I smile everytime I log in and see his SOTW picture-- it belongs on a shirt or mug. I'd totally buy a mug with that ministud on it. :BigSmile:

Totally! In fact, I envision a "2010 Kitties of Sphynx Lair Calendar" and that just may well be the cover shot! What a poser!!

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm scheduling Scrotie for his raisinette appt for Oct 12th, im so scared....what are they like after it's over?

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Gulliver is going on Oct 1st... I'm so worried :Sweat: is he going to change? it there anything to watch for or worry about after the surgery????

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
if he's anything like butterball, he'll act like it never happened, good luck. just remember, it won't make you any less than a man.

Brooke

Banned
Gulliver is going on Oct 1st... I'm so worried :Sweat: is he going to change? it there anything to watch for or worry about after the surgery????

How old is Gulliver?

I got my boy Walter when he was 2 years old and he wasn't neutered. I, too, was a worried mom the day of the surgery! Most kittens bounce right back and you wouldn't even know they had surgery that day. Walter, on the other hand, took 3 days to recover...he was fine, just very groggy from the anesthesia and he had awful bruising in the area (I took full advantage and snuggled him the whole time!). I think Walter's problems were due to his age, though. You'll want to keep an eye on him, watch for fever, keep an eye on the area and make sure it stays clean but it is a very simple procedure, so he should be just fine!

The only changes Walter had were good ones: he stopped howling, his urine didn't smell awful anymore, he quit spraying, and he became even more loveable! :ThumbsUp:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

He won't change don't worry. Make sure it doesn't swell... if it does take him to the vet & just make sure litter doesn't stick to the area, most vets will suggest using a recycled paper type litter for a few days

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am worried about my new girl.
She gets bad after the November TICA show.
Cleo was spayed before I got her and you can still see the scar.
Good luck with your male.

Back