Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Nightime activity level

thewcgirl

Lairian
Hi! I've been a member for a while, but rarely post. I need some advice! I just recently got my second Sphynx! Her name is Ruby and she is 1 year and a half. She was meant to be a breeder cat, but turned out to be infertile, so i was presented with the opportunity to adopt her! She is a beautiful girl, a wonderful Naked and she has LOTS of energy. My other Sphynx, Bella, is about five years old and she is a very quiet girl. They do get along great though! What i'm not used to, is the energy level at night. And i have a disability (wheelchair) and very bad back and need to get a very solid 8 hours of sleep to be able to go to work in the morning. Last night, Ruby was just not settling in at all. She was up and about ALL night. I need some suggestions as to when is the best time to feed, or exercise her. Any suggestions at all along this subject please!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 40

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
What a beauty. How awesome you were able to adopt her. Playing hard before bedtime is always helpful. Also playing with toys that really exercise them like laser pointers , and Da Bird come to mind. A good 1/2 hour will hopefully do the trick! I am sure others will start to give tips as well. There is always that other option of getting a kitten...doesn't have to be a Sphynx, but a kitten is a sure fire way to tire out anyone...lol.

Patti

thewcgirl

Lairian
Thank you! I do think she is quite beautiful!
What is Da Bird? Lol.
A kitten? I think i will pass on that right now. Lol. Cause then you have to get the KITTEN to calm down! Never ending! Ahahah.
Here is a picture of my other girl (the quiet one! Lol), Bella!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 37

thewcgirl

Lairian
Do you guys know if bringing Ruby outside (with her harness, on a leash) is good for her energy wise? I can't help but worry this means she is not getting enought stimulation. Does a "change of view" help?

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Google Da Bird. It is a feather toy (or other attachments) that can go on the end. It flies quite differently than other stick toys and all of ours go nuts over them (we have 4 cats and 2 DaBirds) it is a circus when we get them going. It is a toy MANY members swear by. I just couldn't resist throwing out the option of a kitten...lol. We have 2 seniors and we got a kitten over a year ago and OMG her energy was nuts compared to the boys and she was tormenting them, so we bought her a kitten 6 months later. The entire house became balanced again by adding that kitten. It was amazing.

Good Luck,

Patti

thewcgirl

Lairian
Found Da Bird! :). I will check at PetSmart and see if they have it. Might be more expensive than buying online, but i'll have it quicker! Lol.
You're kitten story makes sense. But i think i will stick with DaBird for now! Ahah!

ArchibaldsMom

Lairian
We always do the laser pointer room to room mixed with playing fetch. He has to catch his breath multiple times and then he says enough is enough mom and he crawls on me to go to sleep. The coil springs are Arch's personal favorite.

Back