Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Nighttime Ritual with Gatsby & Loki

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love how smart animals are and how much they love routines. We have a nighttime ritual with all our babies, but I took a couple pictures of Loki and Gatsby (our amazing sphynx babies) in particular.

Every night, we give them their chicken treat and then cuddle them into our arms to walk them upstairs with us. Once we get to the bedroom, we put them at the end up the bed and put their favorite pink housecoat over them. They then cuddle up and fall asleep. They don't stay there the whole night. Usually they end up under the covers with us, either in our arms or between our legs.

Love these babies so, so, much, they make my heart so full! <3

These picture were from last night. First one is them both cuddled in to their robes...and the second one they get a bit more comfy. Love how they are twinies and are in the same position in both photos.

upload_2016-3-22_20-27-38.png

upload_2016-3-22_20-27-49.png

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So cute. Noneof ours sleep cuddled up to each other. They only cuddled up to us.

Well at least they cuddle up to you @Catzzzmeow !!! Loki and Gatsby are the best of friends! Loki is such a social guy. So when we brought him home and our furry cats wanted nothing to do with him (probably because they were 9 and 14) we knew we needed to get another sphynx kitty!
They were the best of friends very quickly! :) Now they are quite the pair, cuddle together and get into lots of trouble together. Haha

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
They are definitely smart about routine. Dahlia knows my bedtime routine and runs to my room to make sure she doesn't get shut out. She used to hide but know she knows I'll let her stay so she just sits on the bed and waits.

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
They are definitely smart about routine. Dahlia knows my bedtime routine and runs to my room to make sure she doesn't get shut out. She used to hide but know she knows I'll let her stay so she just sits on the bed and waits.

Oh that is too cute! :) And I love the name Dahlia!

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Awww, what cuties. Love the ritual. We make sure Max and Min come to bed when we do too. It's so nice when they settle down after the lights go out!

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awww, what cuties. Love the ritual. We make sure Max and Min come to bed when we do too. It's so nice when they settle down after the lights go out!

Awh, that is so sweet!! Yes, it is special. And such good kitties who love to stay all night!
Hopefully in the next bit, we want to buy some heated beds for them. Right now we have a heating pad at the end of the bed, and they sleep on top of it (it's under the blankie) but wanted to try out the beds like you have. :)

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member

Awh, that is so sweet!! Yes, it is special. And such good kitties who love to stay all night!
Hopefully in the next bit, we want to buy some heated beds for them. Right now we have a heating pad at the end of the bed, and they sleep on top of it (it's under the blankie) but wanted to try out the beds like you have. :)

It's nice that Max and Min have options. She doesn't sleep in our bed any more; opting for the cave bed. But Max still spends the first part of the evening curled against my legs (either on or under the blankets depending on temperature), and then he switches to his cave bed. In the morning Min likes to step on my head to wake me up. LOL.

Back