Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Niles gets neutered tomorrow!

ktate88

Banned
Niles gets neutered tomorrow, Wednesday, around lunch time. Being the worried first time mother that I am, I am taking off work once they start on him. I don't want to be involved when they get him started, but I'd like to see the surgery and wake his little butt up.

Our vet told me to bring his sweater to wear during the surgery to keep his temp up and she may put booties on him during and after. I know it will only take 5 minutes...

You would think after being at the animal hospital 10 years I wouldn't be nervous. It really is different when they are your own!!:Woo::Sweat:

Truthfully I'm dreading tomorrow morning. He starts flopping on me and meowing anytime between 5-6 am for wet food... my last hour of sleep and morning routine aren't looking good!

ktate88

Banned
It is time for those big bits to go!!! Doing it a bit early in hopes that his little sack will shrink up...

Thank you!! :)

ktate88

Banned
Niles and I are home, doing well!

He woke up nicely from the anesthesia, and was fine until about 2 hours later(he smelled lunch) when he REALLY woke up. That ended being held by mom and his aunts...He was not a fan of the cage at work--talking and carrying on. Dumped his water, totally "remade" his bed, tore up the newspaper, undressed himself. I went to pick him up and he took off like a jailbird! :Surprise: :Laugh:

The funniest was the sounds he was making-- moans, growls, yells, everything!

He has been playing with his scratching post and kitty chew toy for the past hour... guess those drugs made him high not sleepy!

Thank you all for your well wishes!! :-D

TotenEngel

Banned
Good luck Niles- we'll send good thoughts and wishes your way. Love the term bits:BigSmile:

In our house they are referred to as 'Baubles' and Smeagol has his for another month then it's off with them!! Also getting him microchipped while he's out poor boy! At the moment he doesn't sit still for longer than 2 seconds so decided it was easier to do then! lol

p.s. glad he is doing well! :D

ktate88

Banned
In our house they are referred to as 'Baubles' and Smeagol has his for another month then it's off with them!! Also getting him microchipped while he's out poor boy! At the moment he doesn't sit still for longer than 2 seconds so decided it was easier to do then! lol

p.s. glad he is doing well! :D

Baubles haha, love it! I had Niles microchipped, too. Good idea to do it then-- the big needle won't hurt so bad. Interesting to see the little "hole" after. I can see each poke on him from where his fluids were given, pain meds, microchip, and blood drawn.

I can only imagine what a diabetic sphynx would look like...

Back