Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Nina Ottosson Puzzle Toys

SumpinSpecial

Lairian
We also have a nice lineup of Nina Ottosson Puzzle toys. While most are marketed as dog toys, they are absolutely great for smart cats also. We even have a picture of a ferret playing with one! NO toys use an animal's sense of curiosity and intelligence to do some basic problem solving to find treats. At the simplest level, the pet has to slide a cover away from a compartment, at it's most challenging the pet has to pull a peg out of a hole to unlock the door to a compartment and then slide the door open. They're brilliantly designed to allow you to start your pet at the simple level and once they master it then you increase the difficulty. Every toy* is designed with these multiple levels of difficulty.

(Ferret playing with the Dog Magic)

* The exception to this are the Maze toys. Those are more like Kong food dispenser toys where the pet has to knock it around to get the treats out. The maze toys are perfect for keeping a pet busy when you have to leave the house.

(Small Treat Maze)

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That first toy is so neat looking! I am sure sphynx cats would do really well with that, they are so smart!! :)

SumpinSpecial

Lairian
Yep, that's exactly what I'm thinking! Smart cats like the Sphynxies would totally rock these puzzle toys.

Each toy in my shop has a video in the product description showing how the dog (or in this case your kitty) learns to solve the puzzle. Nina Ottosson does really good demo videos! But also each toy comes with a DVD in case you need more help with learning how to start easy and increase the challenge.

SumpinSpecial

Lairian
Oh, it's been a while since I started this thread, so I should post an update. The Nina Ottosson toys are sadly too expensive and don't sell well in the USA. I even have trouble finding a supplier that carries more than a couple of them. So I've removed them from my shop. However, I did find a more affordable alternative product line by a German manufacturer called Trixie Pets. The Trixie Pet toys are just as high quality, but cost less and also have a wider range of puzzle types from easy to challenging. They also have a nice variety of puzzles designed for cats! So the NO toys are out and the TP toys are in!