Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

no longer interested in wet food?

gaigeschaos

Lairian
Hi all,
So a few weeks ago Lu decided he didn't like his wet food anymore. I've been leaving kibble out for him and feeding him around 1/3 of a small can of wet food for both lunch and dinner.
One day he just decided to turn his nose up at the wet food I put out for his lunch, so I left it out for him, but he never ate it. The same thing happened when I tried to feed him dinner.
So to petsmart I went and I bought some cans of another brand of wet kitten food, and gradually mixed it with his old food. This worked for about 5 days and then he did the same thing. So i tried switching it yet again which worked up until yesterday. He is just plain not interested, and walks in huge circles around his wet food to get to his kibble. I don't know what the problem is.
Anyone have any experience with this?
Or any suggestions?
I just want him to be healthy and happy -.-

WithLVoe

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
is there a specific reason you only want to feed him wet? try mixing the kibble in with the wet 50/50. or what about a different flavour? i know there are "sauces" you can buy, what if you were to add that to the wet? Good luck!

zoinks

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We had the same happen - fussy kitties! As we feed raw we can rotate the type of meat, and forti flora and crushed kibble on top helps tempt them to eat it.

Though, if you are concerned about this sudden change, a change in appetite is a good reason for a vet visit.

Tiffany_Kay

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wasabi has done that before I took the dry food away for a few days and mixed some kibbles in his wet. Both my cats actually prefer to have them mixed now but are good eaters usually

gaigeschaos

Lairian
Thanks for the replies! :cat:
He always has kibble out for him and he's been eating plenty of that, so I'm not necessarily concerned about his appetite I just want him to have a balanced diet.
I tried mixing kibble in with his wet food today for lunch and he ate a couple bites but left the rest.
So I dunno..
Guess I'll just keep trying some different things!

Back