Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

No more litter box!

sassyskye79

Lairian
I have been using the Citi Kitty cat toilet training system with Jazelle. I have to say it is wonderful! She has been using the toilet for about a month. She is on the last stage of the training system. She is doing so well. Jazelle is 7 years old and such a good smart kitty! I suggest everyone do this..No more litter around the house, no more scooping poop. I can't tell you how happy and excited I am about this!:BigSmile:

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::Surprise:I was so impressed with the kitty's using the toilet that we are gonna try it and see if the puppies will too.. I hope I am as lucky as y'all. Thanks for letting us know that this does work and that it is possible. LIFE WITHOUT LITTER?DREAMS REALLY DO COME TRUE!!!!:Surprise::Laugh::Laugh::Laugh::ThumbsUp:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I've thought about doing this, but I only have one toilet in my house, what about when visitors come round?! What if they asked to use the toilet and a cat was sat on it?! I guess they just have to wait their turn! I really should try it.

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:BigSmile:Sam there is hope. on the City Kitty site I saw a remote sensor that auto flushes when the kitty gets off the toilet so there is a possible solution to it. Hope that helps cause we are gonna try it.. I am so excited to see if we can accomplish this task..

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I had wanted to try it but my bf thought it was weird sharing the bathroom with a cat. :Dizzy: I share everything with Sophie! I wouldn't have minded. We only have one bathroom too.

Jenny46060

Lairian
We didn't want to let you kitties train alone so..... :Wink: We will also start toilet training soon!!

Hey... Kitties need New Year resolutions too... right? :Laugh:

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We didn't want to let you kitties train alone so..... :Wink: We will also start toilet training soon!!

Hey... Kitties need New Year resolutions too... right? :Laugh:

I see the potty revolution is catching on. We are starting for new years too. Heck Hubby is even trying it with the puppies. The auto flusher should be in any day... Here is praying for all of us to be successful!!!:BigSmile::BigSmile::Laugh:

susi794

Staff member
Where do you get the auto flusher? Does it take a lot to install it? I'm not good with stuff like that--so will I have to hire someone to do it if I got one?

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Where do you get the auto flusher? Does it take a lot to install it? I'm not good with stuff like that--so will I have to hire someone to do it if I got one?

It is on the Kity city site under the potty training stuff. It looks like it just slips on the handle and then the other part slips in the back.. I don't think its too complicated I am just super siked about it all.....

miss_gldelx

Lairian
I have been using the Citi Kitty cat toilet training system with Jazelle. I have to say it is wonderful! She has been using the toilet for about a month. She is on the last stage of the training system. She is doing so well. Jazelle is 7 years old and such a good smart kitty! I suggest everyone do this..No more litter around the house, no more scooping poop. I can't tell you how happy and excited I am about this!:BigSmile:

would love to do something like this, but i show both of my cats, so not sure how confusing it would be to have a litter box in the car and then getting them comfy with the hotel toilet, litter box again for the 2 or 3 day shows, etc.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
would love to do something like this, but i show both of my cats, so not sure how confusing it would be to have a litter box in the car and then getting them comfy with the hotel toilet, litter box again for the 2 or 3 day shows, etc.

Yes I wonder how they would react to that? I would think it would make for hard toilet training. I wish we could train ours but I really don't have the patience.:Smile:

Gryffindor

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I bought the litter kwitter, but am waiting for the two smaller ones to be able to jump on the toilet before starting the training. I hope it goes easy, LOL.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I've thought about doing this, but I only have one toilet in my house, what about when visitors come round?! What if they asked to use the toilet and a cat was sat on it?! I guess they just have to wait their turn! I really should try it.

:LOL::LOL:When you have visitors just tell them in your house.... cats rule & humans drool.

bthomas

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This is so cool! I cannot wait to start training my not with te citikitty! I hope he takes to it like a champ! Let is know how the auto flusher goes!

Jenn.Dios

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

How wonderful! I just started training at our place 2 days ago, with the litter kwitter. So far they are using it on the floor but us being at work all day w/ 3 cats and one potty, one went #2 downstairs, thank God no #1.

Caught Fiona going on it facing the wrong way, and got pee on the seat part of the L.K. and it ran onto the bath rug, so have to replace that, but this weekend we are moving it on the toilet!

I'm going to keep at it. Hopefully my husband wont loose his paitence. He called me at work to tell me one #2'd downstairs...

Back