Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

No one messes with Meecho's best bud!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
In our house we have two cats and a dog. Well my brothers cat Tigger is an old mean tabby that doesn't get along with...well anyone:) My mothers dog Noble has taken quite a liking to Meecho and they have become inseperable. The other night all three were in the kitchen with me when for no reason Tigger decided to hiss and hit Noble quite hard over the head. Noble did what he always does...cowers in the corner. Well I guess Meecho didn't like Tigger's treatment so she slowly started to stalk toward Tigger. Tigger began hissing and spitting at her and trying to hit her, but Meecho would not back down. I'd never seen such a determined look on her face EVER! When she was close enough she smacked Tigger on the head, jumped on top of her and chased her upstairs. One minute later Meecho comes bounding down stairs and sits next to Noble and proceeds to give him a kiss on the head. It was the sweetest thing I had ever seen and to know she was protecting her friend...well words cannot express how heart warming it was. That feeling last about two seconds before Meecho jumped on top of Noble and they ran off to play together. I guess Meecho felt that the only one who could jump or hit her friend was well...her.:tinysmile_shy_t:

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Ive had cats all my life (i hate to say this,but i do not enjoy regular cats,I still love all animals)but when I got my sphynx it was another type of animal to me no other like them,any who,my point I was making is i have noticed the sphynx as apposed to a domestic cat (mine anyway)seem to be much more fearless towards dogs.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well I have to say Tigger doesn't like Meecho for very good reason. You see when tigger was about six months old she had an accident with a door. Lets just say it broke and there is nerve damage. So her tail NEVER sits still. One night she was sitting on a desk and the only thing hanging off was her tail. Well you can imagine what a fun toy that looked like to Meecho, so without any hesitation she jumped up grabbed onto her tail with all four CLAWED paws and bit down on her tail really hard. Since that Tigger just doesn't want to be around Meecho anymore. I've tried to get them to get along but I think Tigger was already a little weirded out by Meecho because she smelled like a cat, but didn't look like one. Then the tail thing happened, and well I'm just glad Meecho has Noble. I guess the two animals in the house that most resemble aliens would bond with each other. I do agree with your on thinking of sphynx's as being something other then a cat. For me it's weird because I know logically she is a cat and an animal. But for me she really is my baby girl and I feel like I'm taking care of a two year old all of the time.

Back