Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Nofuratu's Latest Blog Post - Cat in a Hat

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hey everyone,
Nofuratu's latest blog post is up!
Its entitled "Cat in a Hat goes Secret Santa Shopping". It mentions Sphynxlair and a few other Sphynx he has met on here that are hat crazy.
It also shows what he got his secret santa...but doesnt say who it is.
Feel free to leave comments on HIS BLOG lol....makes him feel famous!

Enjoy!

Sorry its been awhile since he posted...Ive been sick all summer. I have severe depression and my meds stopped working this year....Nofuratu and I also opened up our own charity thrift store....and it has sucked most of the life out of me!
You know you are depressed when you cant even blog on behalf of your Sphynx....

Last edited by a moderator:

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think I'll take Buttlescuts up to Petsmart tomorrow.

And Butternuts said he wants to be in Nofuratu's next blog.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry about the depression. That can be a real bugger to deal with. I can't even get off my meds because of the severe side effects from withdrawal. Even tapering off did not work. Love the part about the "desktop sushi bar with fountain.":LOL::LOL::LOL: And Nofuratu has always been our biggest fan.:Smile:

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nofur.. you look so stylish in your hat selection!
and you've made my secret santa look really mean! :(
Well the mugs I make myself, and I own my own thrift store so I get some good deals on baby blankets....and the fish bag of toys was at wallmart! It was only $6!!! Ive found wallmart has the best prices on cat toys, those buckets of "Jingle balls" are only a few dollars....most pet stores charge $1 each!
I would love to be your secret santa no matter what you sent!

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry about the depression. That can be a real bugger to deal with. I can't even get off my meds because of the severe side effects from withdrawal. Even tapering off did not work. Love the part about the "desktop sushi bar with fountain.":LOL::LOL::LOL: And Nofuratu has always been our biggest fan.:Smile:
Your profile pic would have been perfect for this blog! LOL

Yes, the depression is horrible, and Xmas is a bad time to suffer because I cant get anything done!
I know what you mean about the withdrawal! Tapering doesnt help..I spent ALL summer with nausea, headaches and sweating, every single day! My doctor had me try 3 different meds and the one Im on now isnt working but I REFUSE to try another med because I wasted months being sick every day. Deciding between physical illness and mental illness is tough.
So now I cant get out of bed, or bathe and the house is a wreck and Im tring to make Christmas and birthdays normal for my 3 stepkids...when I look and feel like Ive been hit by a truck!
I love doing Nofuratu's blog and knew I was in trouble when I couldnt even do that.
Im very grateful for my Sphynx, and for my charity thrift store. Right now they are the only 2 things forcing me to get out of bed...helping other people keeps me distracted from my own pain so thats good.
I dont know how Im going to manage going to xmas parties and family gatherings etc though....hard to show up to those things in week old pajamas.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I think I'll take Buttlescuts up to Petsmart tomorrow.

And Butternuts said he wants to be in Nofuratu's next blog.
Well tell Butternuts to get posing in some Christmas gear and I can put him on the next one.

The next blog will be about what Nofuratu got for Yule and Christmas....

TotenEngel

Banned
Well the mugs I make myself, and I own my own thrift store so I get some good deals on baby blankets....and the fish bag of toys was at wallmart! It was only $6!!! Ive found wallmart has the best prices on cat toys, those buckets of "Jingle balls" are only a few dollars....most pet stores charge $1 each!
I would love to be your secret santa no matter what you sent!

w0w! Bargains galore!! Something like that bag of toys would be about £10 here ($15 or so!!)
I keep saying I must get a thermal mug for when I am working on set (this saturday we started at 6.30am and the kettle only got put on around 10am!)
Any idea roughly what it would cost to ship one to me here in the UK? (If I can't take Smeagol everywhere with me, I'll settle for a pic of someone elses nekkid baby to cheer me up!!)

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
w0w! Bargains galore!! Something like that bag of toys would be about £10 here ($15 or so!!)
I keep saying I must get a thermal mug for when I am working on set (this saturday we started at 6.30am and the kettle only got put on around 10am!)
Any idea roughly what it would cost to ship one to me here in the UK? (If I can't take Smeagol everywhere with me, I'll settle for a pic of someone elses nekkid baby to cheer me up!!)
Sure, pm me your address and I'll let you know! I am not a morning person either. I'd rather go to bed at 630am than get up then!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Nofuratu's blog always makes me smile, especially after a rough day. If only all the joy you both bring me could be bottled up and sent back to you on days that seem too gray to matter.

I love Nofur's blog! I left him a comment. He is such a good boy!

Iam really sorry you are struggling with depression. I went through taking various anitdepressants at one time and when I would try to "wean" off of them I would get so terribly sick to my stomach, shaky, terribly irritable, headaches, sweats. Just horrible. They say they are not addictive but tell that to someone trying to stop taking them. Your body does have a physical dependance on them and you are going through withdrawl! Evrn when I really felt I didn not need them any more I took th elowest dose just to not feel like crap. When I moved to Canada and didn't have the money to renew my perscription, I had no choice. I haven't taken any since and won't do it again.

I give you so much respect for starting your thrift shop and doing all of the things you do despite the fact that you would rather stay in bed. Depression is tough. On everyone - to say the least.

Happy Yule and hug that naked Nofur!

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I love Nofur's blog! I left him a comment. He is such a good boy!

Iam really sorry you are struggling with depression. I went through taking various anitdepressants at one time and when I would try to "wean" off of them I would get so terribly sick to my stomach, shaky, terribly irritable, headaches, sweats. Just horrible. They say they are not addictive but tell that to someone trying to stop taking them. Your body does have a physical dependance on them and you are going through withdrawl! Evrn when I really felt I didn not need them any more I took th elowest dose just to not feel like crap. When I moved to Canada and didn't have the money to renew my perscription, I had no choice. I haven't taken any since and won't do it again.

I give you so much respect for starting your thrift shop and doing all of the things you do despite the fact that you would rather stay in bed. Depression is tough. On everyone - to say the least.

Happy Yule and hug that naked Nofur!
Thanks for the kind words! today was a bad day....LOL....Im sure it will get better...perhaps in the spring? it doesnt help that it is winter right now and will be snowing here until friggin MAY!
Hanging in there! It helps to know there are others who have been through it and survived.