Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Normal Sphynx Questions/Answers.

Gaily

Lairian
So i have been studying and studying and studying, but i keep losing all the links and answers. SOooooo I made this for myself and anyone who wants to use it. Feel free to add stuff to this post if you wish!

----------------------
-Info on the Sphynx -

Do not to get the FIP or Felv shots
It can lead to very sick Sphynx's or worse since they are more sensitive to the shots.

Dry and Wet food mixed is okay but Never Raw and Dry mixed.
-Dangers of mixing Dry and Raw.- <-found on here-

Coconut oil is for cleaning and dry skin. Apply to dirty areas with q-tip via ears and nose/claws and paws.
Clean once a month depending on how oily the skin is. Over bathing gives more oils. So wipe down Kitty with non scented wipes.

-info on Cleaning ears-, -Bathing your Sphynx!-, -Clipping Cat nails!-

-----

-- Cat food---
--Raw Diet info thread--

---Wet/Dry foods---
No info yet Will change when getting more info.

----
Litter box info

-Multi cat homes and litter box thread-

----

Breeders and introductions.

-Introducing your kitten/cat.-
-What to expect from a breeder-

----
Doctor info

-Spay and neuter info-

---
Misc

-Unfriendly/Dangerous Plants.-

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I just use sensitive baby wipes. There are some online pet stores that will deliver directly. I’m not sure if we can list websites on here. They have clothes, toys, food, accessories. I fed my cats the same food as their previous home, and one ate something that wasn’t sold locally. Laser pointers are a fun toy. They love to chase the light.

Anansi

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We use the Huggies coconut oil baby wipes and they work really well.
We also feed royal canin wet and dry as well as the Purina Pro plan but Orpheus doesn't have a sensitive stomach so that works for him.
We also use the breeders choice recycled paper litter which works great!

Sheldon13

Staff member
We feed Vital Essentials raw and Wellness or Instinct wet food twice daily. Rabbit is a favorite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back