Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

normas gettin fiesty!

ameliabalcom

Lairian
hello everyone! so if u cant tell by my lack of posting normas doing swimmingly lol her eye issue was just a cold and once she got antibiotics she was fine and has been running around eyes wide as a dinner plate lol that being said shes been RUNNING AROUND like a crazy person! i know cats get he zoomies during the day and at night and especially kittens but , damn norma! she just hit a little past the 6mo mark and her boobies are saggy as ever so im assuming shes ready to be fixed and thats why shes acing like a complete and udder nutbag. but im wondering if its normal even for being in heat and being a kitten and being spay age, for her to go full attack mode during the zoomies??

she is a habitual shoulder sitter and body runner upper and during the zoomies shes bad with it ! she gets low and wiggles her but her eyes dilate and instead of just running around the room she pounces at us runs up our bodies jumps ontop of blanets were on, half the time we accidentally feed into it making her think its a game bc were hiding under the covers when she comes at us limbs flailing katate style cause she always smacks me and my mans in the eyes lmao its only during a play fit shes not literally attacking us but i play with her alot she is getting more adventurous but theres never a shortage of ppl in the house or stuff to do , i did just come back from a couple day vacation where the other people in the house took care of her for me but thats the only difference she loves everyones that lives here and is v affectionate otherwise

Attachments

ameliabalcom

Lairian
i just wanna make sure shes not walling out bc shes unhappy lol when she attacks her crinkle tube she makes cooing noises and meows when shes walking around the house looking for me she definitely likes us right ? like it seems like she does but idk she goes attack mode during play mode alot it makes me feel like im annoying her but i think shes just playing hard lmao

Sheldon13

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It sounds to me like there just needs to be a little lesson in boundaries. Try to teach her this is not something you expect her to be doing. Most of the time, just refusing to play when she acts like this can work. You could also try hissing to give her a more verbal communication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sounds like you have a talkative sassy girl:). As @Sheldon13 says telling her firmly 'no' when she attacks is important. Try to give her a toy after you said no so she can bite on something else.
It's great to read how much you love her and how everybody takes care of her.

ameliabalcom

Lairian
i feel like she wont care about a firm no when shes running at us in full butt wiggle murder mode but its DEFINITELY worth a shot! ive just been trying to catch her mid air when she leaps at us bc she cant tell the difference that it hurts when she runs up us to our shoulders when we have shorts on instead of pants (claws to get a grip on her way to sit on my head) and i try to either give her lazer pointer time when she starts getting crazy eyes etc but maybe i should refuse to play instead good point...

Attachments

Toa and Ross

Staff member
If you see it coming, and you see her crazy eyes, starting to play with her.is a very good idea. This way she can get rid of her energy without attacking you!