Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

NOT getting special needs odd eye now!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Well I just spoke to the breeder again. I had emailed and asked her more questions. It turns out she had intended on breeding her but didn't because she has a band across her heart(I did not know this) She said its not hcm she has been scanned twice. But her father does have HCM. So due to this and a few other reasons my husband and I feel its best to not get her for obvious reasons. Its too bad I really wanted her:Cry: I hope she finds a great home!!! I also hope to find a beautiful white one now that my hubby is on board with getting one!:ThumbsUp: Thanks everyone for your well wishes, I am so glad I am a member of this wonderful site!!!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks everyone. I knew once she said her dad had it that there was a chance she would too. So that was the biggest reason for it.

Mews2much... Do you know how the breeder charges? Can you pm me their website?

Thanks!!

Last edited:

georgehairlesson

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Well I just spoke to the breeder again. I had emailed and asked her more questions. It turns out she had intended on breeding her but didn't because she has a band across her heart(I did not know this) She said its not hcm she has been scanned twice. But her father does have HCM. So due to this and a few other reasons my husband and I feel its best to not get her for obvious reasons. Its too bad I really wanted her:Cry: I hope she finds a great home!!! I also hope to find a beautiful white one now that my hubby is on board with getting one!:ThumbsUp: Thanks everyone for your well wishes, I am so glad I am a member of this wonderful site!!!

I am VERY SORRY to hear this Tanya. :( I truly think you are doing the best thing though. You wouldn't want to put Snuggles at risk. You will find a kitty. Be careful about white kitties though. Some can be blind. This typically happens when the kitty has white ears and light colored eyes(i.e. blue). This sometimes happens because the eyes and ears are so close together on a cat so one can affect the other. This does not always happen though, but be careful. I'll send you a scientific article on it. (PM)

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I talked to Wrinkles breeder and she has a cat that might be preg that might have white kittens.
She said you can call or email her.
She has other kittens right now also but the white ones are sold.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am VERY SORRY to hear this Tanya. :( I truly think you are doing the best thing though. You wouldn't want to put Snuggles at risk. You will find a kitty. Be careful about white kitties though. Some can be blind. This typically happens when the kitty has white ears and light colored eyes(i.e. blue). This sometimes happens because the eyes and ears are so close together on a cat so one can affect the other. This does not always happen though, but be careful. I'll send you a scientific article on it. (PM)

Ya I have heard of this. I hope that when I find one this wont be the case:BigSmile: Thanks for the article!

susi794

Staff member
Oh, Tanya, my friend. I'm sorry it didn't work out as you hoped, but I do so want you to have a happy ending to your search. There is so much heart ache out there that we can't control--it's good you're choosing to save yourself the heartache now rather than after you've fallen desperately in love with her. You'll find the right one--I know you will. And he or she will make you happy, not incredibly sad. But I know you feel sad now...just think of how fun it will be to go shopping for that kitten that's out there somewhere hoping to find you!
Big hugs to you from all of us,
Susi

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks Susi! I have found some possibilities:) Its lots of fun looking at all the babies saying ill take one of those and one of those :LOL::LOL:

Thanks everyone!!

Brooke

Banned
I agree with everyone else, it really sucks it didn't work out but you really did make the right choice! The disappointment you're feeling now is nothing compared to the heartache of losing a baby to HCM, and it sounds like that could have been a real possibility with this kitty. I'm glad the breeder was forthright with you about everything! The right one will come along, no worries!

Back