Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Not having much luck with the exercise wheel...

Gesundheit

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Has anyone been able to get their cats interested when they're afraid of or confused by the contraption? ^^;

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Gesundheit when I got the exercise wheel I put the wheel together and put it on its side for a few days .. and played with them with the dabird toy all over it !
It seemed to desensitize them to the big “stargate “

Then I put it on the base next to a wall ,
I played with the same dabird toy and just let it rock back and forth as they jumped in and over it playing . Within a few days my Toby stood on it . I will take that ... when he was comfy standing on it I put my finger a few inches in front of him on the pad ...
game over he started running on it ..
I encouraged him “ go Toby go! Go fast !
Now he uses it non stop all hours ..
I can be across the room and say go Toby go and he meows amd runs to it running like a mad man!

@Bailey21 @Duglynukem can share some training tips :)

Stay positive! Some just take a little longer !

Last edited:

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm still trying to train my youngest on the wheel. I found that treats were the most successful way of getting mine onto the wheel as they're really food motivated. I would also use a laser pointer on it and encourage them to go on to get the laser. I found it was harder for me to be patient as I was really excited for them to use it, but in time they did! I can't get my girl off it now, she just LOVES to run on it.