Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Not herself after Vaccination

Rebeccaaa

Lairian
Hi everyone, I hope i'am just an over protective mummy, but my little fur baby had her 12 week vaccination today which she was so brave about at the Vet this morning. As the day has gone on, she is very snuggly and sleepy and feel warmer than usual. She is giving out little meows when I touch her back where the needle was given and it almost looks slightly swollen. I have just fed her some dinner which she is slowly eating which is unusual for the little gobble guts. I am hoping this is all normal as a baby reacts after their immunisations. Has anyone got some similar stories to ease my anxiety? Thanks to all the sphynx mammas out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Our vet has always told us they can feel down for a day or in some cases 2. I would call your vet for reassurance just so you feel better knowing it can happen. They can give you a guideline on what else to look for and how long they might be a bit "off." But I would not freak. Just like with people the area can feel achey. Please update us.

Patti

sphynxmoms

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Rebeccaaa Hope your lil one is feeling better! What is your lil loves name? We'd love to see pics and hear all about your adventures together...welcome to the Lair!

Rebeccaaa

Lairian
Hi all, sorry for the delay. My little one was feeling much better in the morning, purring and back to her gobble guts self (eating all her breakfast) It def put her out for the day, thankfully I know this for her next vaccination. Thank you for all your advice, it helped my nerves so so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back