Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Not Ignoring Everyone...

Hello Everyone,

If I am not posting as much or away for days it is just because work will be consuming so much of my life in the near future (I am actually working now too). Luckily, I am provided a laptop so I can work at home and not have to be sequestered in my office. Sometimes that is not such a good thing though because that means I get calls after hours about things...

We are upgrading our software and some of our hardware and right now we are finalizing the project assignments and are ready to begin. And thus my adventure into that which is coding, testing, installing, re-coding, re-testing, training, SOP and tech. writing will begin. Our go live date is Jan 1 and we are already way behind the 8 ball.

This does not include the other projects, assignments and day to day trouble shooting that I am involved in. Then more importantly, I have to try not to let work get in the way of my time with family too much...

It isn't too bad yet. I am going away for 3 days next week to take a bit of a break before it all starts. So if it seems I am not around much, it isn't that I am ignoring or that anything is wrong, I may just have time to stop by every once in a while instead a few times a day.

Hugs to All!!!

Kris

Thanks all for the understanding and well wishes! As one of the directors at work told me today, "No one on their deathbed every says they wished they had spent more time at work. They wish they had spent more time with family and friends." Even though things get busy, I need to remember that.

As long as things get done, I have to keep things in perspective and only worry about what I can control. If I don't take time for my family and myself I will burn out and not be of use to anyone. And taking time for me includes visiting the Lair!

Working from home is nice in that I can always count on the company of two Sphynx next to me!

And Tess,

We are most definitely still doing lunch! Hubby and I booked a room at the Royal York for Sun and Mon. night, be back home early evening Tuesday. So far, weekends are still free . I don;t expect those to get too crazy for a month or so yet.

tessblack

Banned
Thanks all for the understanding and well wishes! As one of the directors at work told me today, "No one on their deathbed every says they wished they had spent more time at work. They wish they had spent more time with family and friends." Even though things get busy, I need to remember that.

As long as things get done, I have to keep things in perspective and only worry about what I can control. If I don't take time for my family and myself I will burn out and not be of use to anyone. And taking time for me includes visiting the Lair!

Working from home is nice in that I can always count on the company of two Sphynx next to me!

And Tess,

We are most definitely still doing lunch! Hubby and I booked a room at the Royal York for Sun and Mon. night, be back home early evening Tuesday. So far, weekends are still free . I don;t expect those to get too crazy for a month or so yet.

Lets try for wednesday then. I will drop you a line on facebook with my number.

Back