Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Not ready to say goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.

sphynxies

Lairian
I found my kitty this morning in respiratoy distress early this morning. Thankfully I live close to a university hospital. He was pale and blue and barely hanging on, I gave him mouth to mouth as my sister rushed us there. He's been there all day and they were just now able to get him stable enough to do an echo. He has HCM and is in congestive heart failure. He's not able to maintain his blood pressure on his own and he has to be on oxygen. Very poor prognosis and I'm supposed to make a decision tonight. :( He is only a year and a half. I haven't even had him a year. I am SO devastated. He was my child, my world!! This is the worst day of my life and I just want him to know that I love him soooo much and I don't want him to suffer. And I will see you again Nu-nu you will always be in my heart.

My dearest kitty with so many names! Nuney, Nu-Nu, Mr. Nuggles, Mr. Nu, Nuggalicious. How I will miss nuggling you.

Inferno12

Banned
WOW....there are no words so say other than I am sorry. I dont know what I would do in this situation because Johnny is my "child" and I dont know what I would do without him.

I am sending positive thoughts and hoping that you make the decision that right for him. :Sweat::Sweat::Sweat::Sweat:

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so sorry for you :( My heart is already broken today, but I will keep you and your baby in my thoughts. If he crosses the Bridge, he will be in very good company. I am sure Neala will be a good friend to him.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
oh gosh :( how terrible to have to make that decision :( i'm soooooo sorry :(

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry to hear of your situation, hope that there may be something they can do. Have they started meds yet? What have they started him on if so?

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm soooo sorry....I haven't been on quite the road you have, but similar. I've dealt with HCM & CHF but the decisions were pretty cut & dried. I know it hurts like hell. Almost 2 yrs after Kienna's passing and I'm tearing up just writing this. I know what it's like to lose the center of your world :Cry::Cry:
My thoughts are with you.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh Sphynxies my heart aches for you. I'm so sorry to hear your precious baby is so ill and that his prognosis is not good. I wish I were welcoming you to Sphynx Lair under happier circumstances. I can hear the love and anguish in your post. But whatever happens, please remember that nothing can take love away. Sending prayers and comforting thoughts your way.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Prayers for you and your cat.
There already were 2 other HCM cats lost this week and Neala the kitten today from something else.
I hate HCM and am sorry you ahve tp do this.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am so sorry for you :( My heart is already broken today, but I will keep you and your baby in my thoughts. If he crosses the Bridge, he will be in very good company. I am sure Neala will be a good friend to him.
So fragile is life. So tender are our hearts. Souls yearning to stay together in this realm. My love goes out to all of you that are in distress.

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh Sphynxies my heart aches for you. I'm so sorry to hear your precious baby is so ill and that his prognosis is not good. I wish I were welcoming you to Sphynx Lair under happier circumstances. I can hear the love and anguish in your post. But whatever happens, please remember that nothing can take love away. Sending prayers and comforting thoughts your way.
You always say the most beautiful things.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
There seems to be so much sadness here lately, too much. I am so sorry for you having to make this most difficult decision.

cchloerun

Banned
As much as it hurts right now, please remember you're not losing your little one for good, just for a little while. I whole heartily believe you will be reunited with you baby. You're saying" see you later" not "goodbye" right now, soon enough you will have him in your arms once again

tessblack

Banned
Oh I am so sorry for what you are going through. It is such a hard decision to make. I have been there before and it is the worst. I am soo sorry and my thoughts are with you guys. What a day it has been on here. First thing this am I read about Neala and that left me in tears going to work. I am on the road so my babies are not with me which makes it worse. Then come home and more sad news, just spend my hole day sort of upset and down. At least these little guys have been loved in there lives.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Today has been an odd day in all aspects for me. Everytime my tears dry I run into another sad story....I hope tomorrow has some sunshine and good news for everyone!

firehillqueen

Banned
Poem For Cats
And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.
Author Unknown

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Poem For Cats
And God asked the feline spirit
Are you ready to come home?
Oh, yes, quite so, replied the precious soul
And, as a cat, you know I am most able
To decide anything for myself.

Are you coming then? asked God.
Soon, replied the whiskered angel
But I must come slowly
For my human friends are troubled
For you see, they need me, quite certainly.

But don't they understand? asked God
That you'll never leave them?
That your souls are intertwined. For all eternity?
That nothing is created or destroyed?
It just is....forever and ever and ever.

Eventually they will understand,
Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever.
Author Unknown

Made me cry:Cry::Cry::Cry:

This is sweet. Thanks for posting

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
For me, the knowledge of my animal companions suffering was worse than the pain of their loss. I'm not going to downplay the pain that comes with death; but at the same time there was a certain relief in knowing they weren't suffering anymore. I've lost 7 kitties to HCM and a few weeks ago lost one to cancer. I'm afraid there isn't anything I can say to make you feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back