Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Not so pseudopregnancy

Luna mom

Lairian
Our Vet thought that she was having a pseudopregnancy and last night Luna had one baby. We were not prepared and now I do not think the baby is getting any milk. Luna looks very uncomfortable, and moves a lot when the baby try to nurse.
I wont be able to buy any formula for at least two days and I do not know if there is formula for a day old baby. I wonder if any one knows what can I feed the little one. I'm very concerned. Thanks in advance for any answer.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I believe you can feed goats milk. I would post this to a facebook sphynx group as well in the hopes a breeder has advice for you.

Cleopatra Beers

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I would at least call the vet. I don’t know what else you could feed, other than the KMR that’s available at pet stores, but hopefully you can get this situation straightened out quickly and safely for both of them.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I would get her to the vet now. You want to make sure there are no more babies up inside that are the reason for her discomfort. You can also get kitten replacement milk at most grocery stores for an emergency.

What a crazy thing to happen.

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Back