Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

not sure what the heck this is????

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:Woo::Dizzy: It's some atr installation thingy!! I saw it on the internet...it's so freaky!! it scares me almost as much as peaches do!! :Shok::Shok::Sad:

X

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I remember this picture. silly4lilly commented on it I think. I think she said it's a photoshopped picture. It is freaky. What twisted and warped mind came up with this? I don't want to meet that person.

J

Jinxlover

OH COME ON..I cant be the only one that thinks it's cute...Anyone?????????? Anyone at all???????????? <<SIGH>>

rainonlens

Lairian
I think it's super neat. I read about the exhibit/installation a few years ago...though I can't find a straight link for the life of me!

I might be wrong, but I think it's Ron Mueck's work.

Certainly different, but very interesting! Just like our cats, right? :BigSmile:

Last edited by a moderator:

nativekiwi

Lairian
Thats awesome!!! it provokes such a reaction in people. Thats what art is meant to do, make you think, make you feel, even if it is revulsion. But i think its great, sort of questions the relationship between human and animal. people are always trying to make their animals human esp dogs. I've seen it before, its not photo shopped, its a sculpture, in resin. you can touch it!!!!:ThumbsUp:

J

Jinxlover

Thats awesome!!! it provokes such a reaction in people. Thats what art is meant to do, make you think, make you feel, even if it is revulsion. But i think its great, sort of questions the relationship between human and animal. people are always trying to make their animals human esp dogs. I've seen it before, its not photo shopped, its a sculpture, in resin. you can touch it!!!!:ThumbsUp:

WooHoo..SEE I know there were others...:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have always had this 'ugh' feeling looking at this sculpture- LOL- so nope, not a fan! BUT it is fascinating in a gross way :)

firehillqueen

Banned
Yes, I guess it is indeed art, but as an artist I can always be glad there are different tastes. Its not wrong to say you like something that others might disagree with you. I don't like Modern Art, or Abstract Art and Modern Sculpture, but that is just me. Its like chocolate and vanilla. There is something for everyone.

Back