Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Not sure what to do.

Gaily

Lairian
So I just heard that My sphynxs mama may not be preggers and i might have to get my sphynx from their other mommy cat who is going to give birth sometime soon.
Even though i really wanted it from that litter i am not sure if they will have pink kittens like the other litter would.
Its a mix between Black, Seal, Tortie or Pink. I'm not sure what to do if i should go for that litter or wait even longer for the next pure pink litter.

And if i do go for the litter that comes up sooner i'll have to get lucky for a pink and real lucky for a girl. (I dont mind boy ones I just want pancake to be a girl and i think they will get a long better with my older cat.)... but that will also mean the i will get them sooner and will have to save up more money then 250 a month to 300 to 350 a month cause the home date is sooner.

Im a little bummed but its okay that it has happened this way. I just dont know whats going to happen....

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Maybe just wait and see how the kittens of the other littter look like? If you see them you can decide if there's one that makes your heart beat faster. If so, go for that one, pink or no pink girl or boy.
But if your heart is set on a pink girl then just patiently wait

Gaily

Lairian
I actually want a tuxi Sphynx. a pink with black blotches. but i was settling with pure pink.
But they didnt have those kinds and im not a fan of Tortis
Im thinkin about maybe talking to the breeder a bit more if they will respond to me in a normal time. normally they are good about it.

Gaily

Lairian
they said i could pick from the next litter available. Though we didnt really talk about it the other day and its 4am here and there so i dont want to message them right now to ask more questions about it.. . . . . I hate being so meh about things.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
they said i could pick from the next litter available. Though we didnt really talk about it the other day and its 4am here and there so i dont want to message them right now to ask more questions about it.. . . . . I hate being so meh about things.
It's good to ask tons of questions. A good breeder should view this as a good and responsible pet owner! Remember, there are no stupid questions!

Sheldon13

Staff member
I agree. You should ask away! And I also agree that there is no harm in seeing what comes of this litter and if a kitten doesn’t grab you just wait for the next one. You will meet the kitty of your dreams soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JSal

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I know it’s stressful now, but I think you will be happy with whichever sphynx you end up with. I’ve had three very different looking sphynx, and it was there friendly nature that would win me over every time.

Gaily

Lairian
Im only allowed one sphynx cause we have four dogs (two mine and Two friends.) A senior dog (over 15 yrs old. we are waiting to move on since she hasnt been looking so well.) and two cats. (One mine one roommates.)

I put in the deposit before we ended up with those extra animals. @_@ But i talked with the breeder and i'm more then happy to end up with any kitten now.

so we are waiting on a mama cat waiting to give birth within 1-3 days. i just hope everything works well.

Gaily

Lairian
So it has been decided. I need to save 300 dollars for 3 months while this babu grows up!
This is Pancake! He is my special boy! I am hoping to stick with a name soon, but right now he is pancake! might change it to something else! or give him a last or something.

Attachments

• 1pancake.jpeg
    1pancake.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 44

Toa and Ross

Staff member
What an adorable little peanut Pancake is! Does he indeed have a bit of a chocolate colored nose and tail or is it just the pic?

Gaily

Lairian
Yep yep yep!
I he will be a beautiful boy. Hopefully i can get him used to clothing. I have a line of clothing ideas i want to do and some shirts i picked out. ~~!!!
Bowties too. I got to get him harness trained as well.
three months! Im so excited!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Gaily So excited for you! We can’t for the gotcha day pics and tales!
Adorable avatar pic! He will certainly be a little dapper dan in his clothes and Bow ties!
Several members recommend the voyager brand harness
Following closely for updates !

Back