Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Nudie spayed and all is well :)

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Miss Nudie Patootie had her spay appt. yesterday and everything went great! I was very nervous after reading all the dos and don't with the meds etc. I met with the vet last week and went over the meds to use and the meds I didn't even want near her. He said that because of some cats having problems with ketamine and metacam they don't even use those at that cat hospital-Wheeew what a relief! When I asked what they did use, he said Iso gas and Buprenex- I said good answer:BigSmile: It was still hard to leave my baby with them but I knew it was for the best. They said to pick her up at 4:30pm so of course I was there at 4pm- couldn't wait. It turns out she never spent anytime in a crate or cage the girls there held her the whole time before and after surgery. It made me feel good to know that they love her and spoil her almost as much as I do- ALMOST:LOL:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is great news and your vet uses the same meds as our vet.

TotenEngel

Banned
Think my vets probably all cringe the minute they see me come through the door lol, being that I was a qualified veterinary nurse for years (I now do one day a week at a local RSPCA centre!) I always ask exactally what they are using when, where and how lol
Glad its not just me thats soo fussy and glad that it all went well!!

lawgrl

Lairian
Think my vets probably all cringe the minute they see me come through the door lol, being that I was a qualified veterinary nurse for years (I now do one day a week at a local RSPCA centre!) I always ask exactally what they are using when, where and how lol
Glad its not just me thats soo fussy and glad that it all went well!!

:BigSmile::BigSmile:

I was thinking the same thing about my vet when I take my kitties there, except with me they cringe b/c I'm a crazy, fussy Kitty Momma with no veterinary qualifications (I know they just love that combo), lol!

Glad to hear that everything went so well (and that you have what sounds like a great vet, that's a good find)!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad Nudie is recovering from her surgery. And gladder still that you were educated about anesthesia and had enough sense to talk to the vet about your concerns.

ktate88

Banned
Glad Nudie did well!! It was hard for me to have Niles done, but once it was happening I was okay.

Is she back up playing soccer yet?? Niles was asleep the first night and the second day it was like nothing happened. Didn't even need the e-collars, but did give him pain meds just in case.

We use buprinex too-- good stuff :ThumbsUp:

Did you get Nudie microchipped? Niles' healed nicely and I can feel it sometimes underneath but I think it is cool...

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad Nudie did well!! It was hard for me to have Niles done, but once it was happening I was okay.

Is she back up playing soccer yet?? Niles was asleep the first night and the second day it was like nothing happened. Didn't even need the e-collars, but did give him pain meds just in case.

We use buprinex too-- good stuff :ThumbsUp:

Did you get Nudie microchipped? Niles' healed nicely and I can feel it sometimes underneath but I think it is cool...

When we got home she wanted to wrestle the dogs and go crazy- I think it was the Buprenex talking:LOL: I managed to just hold her and keep her calm and then this am she felt pretty good. I did not get her chipped- I just wasn't sure.

TotenEngel

Banned
In my opinion microchips are sooo worth it..... in veterinary practice we had so many cats come in that we knew nothing about... all for the sake of a chip!
My other 3 boys are all done, but I was worried Smeagol wouldn't stay still long enough to have it done so when he goes in next week for castration he is being chipped!