Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

nutrisource? other cat foods?

Gaily

Lairian
Anyone use nutrisource cat food? Does it work for Stomach issues and stinky poops? I just want to be prepared and ive been looking at it for a while. I need to change over my other cats food before i get my sphynx so im wondering whats a good dry/wet catfood i can feed through out the day..

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Gaily
I switched my crew from Acana to Nutrisource cat and kitten food in the blue bag 3 years year ago :) Time flies

Hands down no skin or poo issues
My picky picky Batman took to it immediately
It even has been a godsend for my IBD Bengal kitty ! Finally after a year of food trials
Nutrisource has made her a new kitty !
(I got referred to Nutrisource by my pups show dog breeder)

I can free feed and go with Nutrisource cat and kitten kibble .
l no fuss finally ! free feed and go
no poo issues with an almost immediate transition because Acana was out of stock .
(All sphynx kitties on kibble have a little poo odor but I think it is in no way near what they’ve were on Acana)

I like Nutrisource has no recalls either and it is for gut Health
All paws thumbs up :)I like it is low ash too and the kibble is small Irregular shape shape kibble they like and easy to eat

I put a little raised double stainless food dish filled with water a few feet from their kibble
Amd they meet there like a watering hole lol

My adoptee had struvite crystals when I took him home
He refused all vet wet and dry food

(For years he has shared a can of Proplan Urinary focus chicken with the rest of the crew and has had no Urinary issues with this canned food along with Nutrisource .
no poo issues with this combo with the entire crew
I wasn’t crazy about the Proplan but it works Amd my vet even feeds it -
I tried sooo many canned foods amd they hated it except for the Proplan Chicken Urinary health)

I get it online since the box stores here don’t carry it
I order at k9cusiine with autoship discount -if you call , Margaret is awesome to assist in anyway

Tagging @Amy Ritchison and Sinatra for their experiemce with Nutrisource

Surely members will chime invite eoth wet foods too

Last edited:

Sheldon13

Staff member
I personally primarily feed Ellie Instinct wet food. We love the limited ingredient line and it’s great for kitties with food allergies. Rabbit is a favorite.

We used to feed raw but I am unable to do so at this point. However, she still has access to Vital Essentials raw kibble at all times and she does nibble on it throughout the day. I love it because it is still raw and also limited ingredient.

I’ve noticed that on this combination her feces is still very low smell, though not odorless like it was on total raw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I’ll chime in for variety, lol.

Wet food 2x daily: Nulo Freestyle chicken & turkey recipe

Dry kibble free feed: Nutro Essentials turkey

Both great sources of high, quality proteins. Grain-free! Poos for both sphynx have been solid & not particularly smelly at all. Highly recommend to any sphynx owners looking for new food!

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Opal Jean really doesn't like wet food. She'll eat like 2-3 bites then leave it sit for days. So I stick with kibble and add ground up freeze dried liver and heart sprinkles on it for flavor.

But NutriSource is what I switched her to and she loves it. No issues with skin or poo. And if I think about it her poop hasn't been as smelly as it used to be when we first got her. So maybe it's because of the food change.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sheofthrone3

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Sheofthrone3 oooh please share what the freeze dried liver amd heart sprinkles ? :)
Happy Opal Jean likes the Nutrisource
I got them from the pet store. I forgot the brand name. But it's cat treats. They are freeze dried duck liver and chicken hearts. I just put them in the blender and made them into like sprinkles or powder and put some on her kibble and mix it up. She loves it!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Sheldon13

Staff member
@Yoda mom

Vital Essentials makes both of those and a lot of other freeze dried single source treats. They also have a couple of meal topper choices that are already ground up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

kauna

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
going to chime in with another brand of food. ;)

N&D by Farmina is great!

I feed Aggie the boar and apple dry and wet. She loves her kibbles and begs for her food constantly.

Back