- Jan 16, 2011
Well our little chocolate guy is growing fast! He gained a pound in 3 weeks since his last vet visit. Tonight he got his last shot and we scheduled his “snip” for end of July. Our breeder suggests spay/neutering at 5 pounds or 6 months whichever comes first. He is a bit over 4 pounds. We decided since we have vacation end of August best to get it done a couple of weeks before we go just in case he develops a URI or UTI etc. We want to be home to keep an eye and we do not want to wait until we get back because he seems a bit mature and want to be sure no spraying etc and he will be exactly 6 moths of age when we get back from vacation. Primetime for changes and we want to be proactive.