Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Odessa and oden

Sheldon13

Staff member
Lol no, they are not transmissible to cats don’t worry. Just be excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Mackenzie l Yah! So excited for you !

feel better vibes to you! Hopefully you will feel better for the airport drive -
Do you have someome to go with you ? How’s the weather ?
Is it s 3 hour ride to airport each way ?

Your babies should be just fine
Look forward to gotcha pics amd tales!
They are stunning !
So near to get both of them
I have 2 littermates and they have a unique bond

Safe miles and sphynx smiles !
Followimg for updates!

Mackenzie l

Lairian
Yeah three hours each way I have a friend driving and will bring a litter box for the truck so they have a chance to go to the bathroom. I'm not sure what time they are going to the airport I'm assuming they will be 5plus hours on the plane. And tonight and tommorow were suppose to get six inches of snow.

Mackenzie l

Lairian
Thanks everyone, pray pray they have a safe trip and adjust well to the house, box of toys, bed there are two and the new cat tree x2 lol the other trees in my room

Attachments

• 20190307_203611.jpg
    20190307_203611.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 20190307_203604.jpg
    20190307_203604.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 20190307_203519.jpg
    20190307_203519.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 23

Yoda mom

Staff member
Prayers for a smooth Gotchas day drive ! Snow snow go away!

Can you put them crate together with a blanket and litter pan for the ride home ?
I found mine slept all the way
Even when I moved 3600 miles they wouldn’t use litter box in vehicle
Just slept till the hotel stop

Please be sure to prep for the weather - being extra supplies
I always took along extra water , paper towels , cleaning product amd extra warm clothing
Phone chargers etc
I cover the crate on 3 sides with a blanket or towels to make a warm comfy cave for snoozing om the ride home

Hope you are starting to feel better !

Following closely !

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Can’t wait to see your babies at home. What a great friend to go with you when you have the flu...yikes! Hope you feel better soon. Safe travels.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oooh almost gotcha day! Sorry to hear you don't feel well. You're babies won't get the flu by you so don't worry. Hope you feel better tomorrow!
With the cattree, cat beds and all the other stuff you and your house are more then ready for those two precious babies
Safe travels for the nakeds and for you.
Can't wait to see gotcha day pics.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Is there a way for you to confirm? Did the breeder give you their flight numbers ect? Hopefully you will get a new gotcha day ASAP {}

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Ugh...just when you got your plan in place and got so excited. As they say things happen for a reason. Now you can rest up and feel better sooner.

Mackenzie l

Lairian
Thank you everyone I'm kinda sad about it. But it gives me time to look up some stuff, my kittens eat raw but I want to take the guess work out on the supplement you add to it. Does anyone know of a good premixed supp that you add to the meat ?

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
So sorry to hear about the delay. OMG, more sleepless nights. But soon! And you'll be feeling better soon too.

I use Better in the Raw. It's a mix in. You just add meat and water.

I add 4 lbs of mince of meat (venison and camel are my primary proteins) into my countertop mixer, combine water and BitR with an immersion blender and slowly add to the mixture to the protein spinning around in the countertop mixer. I make 5 batches of 4 lbs protein each in the same evening (takes about 2 hours including prep and cleanup). Then I jar in 250 ml jars and stick in the freezer. It takes about 24-36 hours to thaw in the fridge so I always keep 6 jars or so in the fridge at any given time.

Mackenzie l

Lairian
Thank you so much. The big problem I'm finding is that I live in the middle of no where in ND and.the only readily avail meat is meat from the grocery store chicken I butchered a beef so I have a ton of ground hamburger will this work. And with the chicken do I do breast, dark meat ?

Sheldon13

Staff member
I used Alnutrin when I fed raw. It was good stuff. They have it for adding to meat with bones and meat without bones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
Awhhh so sorry for the Gotchas delay (((hugs)))
Glad you are using the time to good use researching food and hopefully you will be over the flu and no snow by you for the airport drive next week

This is one helluva gotcha day tale! Stay positive! (((Hugs)))
I was thinking of you all day worried you have the flue and driving possibly in snow!

Tagging @Condo commando for raw feeding info

I do know BITr is popular amd easy to mail order

Feel better vibes and hugs!

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Mackenzie l , you really shouldn’t use grocery store meat. There's just no way to know how long it's been in the refrigerated case and the temperature of the refrigerated case is not as cold as it needs to be to prevent bacteria from growing. Bacteria starts growing as the meat temperature starts to approach 40 degrees Fahrenheit or warmer. Even if you refreeze it, refreezing does not kill bacteria after it's already on the meat; it just prevents it from continuing to grow. Thawing meat is OK for humans because we cook the meat, which does kill bacteria; it’s just not safe for food that's going to be consumed raw.

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
For beginners I would recommend buying food that's already made. There's a company called Raw Feeding Miami and I know they ship everywhere. They sell "grinds" of different meats which include the meat, bones and organs. The only thing you have to add is the supplement.

The 2 most used supplements are Alnutrin and BITR (Better in the Raw); however, you CANNOT use BITR with meat with bones so your only option is Alnutrin.

It's very simple, you just thaw the grind, then you mix the Alnutrin in water and pour this mixture over the grind. Mix everything up really well. Apportion it into little containers for freezing. Dollar Tree has some cheapie 8 ounce containers that come 5 or 6 for a dollar and they work fine.

Mackenzie l

Lairian
Awhhh so sorry for the Gotchas delay (((hugs)))
Glad you are using the time to good use researching food and hopefully you will be over the flu and no snow by you for the airport drive next week

This is one helluva gotcha day tale! Stay positive! (((Hugs)))
I was thinking of you all day worried you have the flue and driving possibly in snow!

Tagging @Condo commando for raw feeding info

I do know BITr is popular amd easy to mail order

Feel better vibes and hugs!
Aww thank you. It just really sucked. But I'm getting more rest. Im only worried because its winter in north Dakota so it may happen again on Monday. But they got more toys out of it cause I was shopping while bored. Lol

Mackenzie l

Lairian
For beginners I would recommend buying food that's already made. There's a company called Raw Feeding Miami and I know they ship everywhere. They sell "grinds" of different meats which include the meat, bones and organs. The only thing you have to add is the supplement.

The 2 most used supplements are Alnutrin and BITR (Better in the Raw); however, you CANNOT use BITR with meat with bones so your only option is Alnutrin.

It's very simple, you just thaw the grind, then you mix the Alnutrin in water and pour this mixture over the grind. Mix everything up really well. Apportion it into little containers for freezing. Dollar Tree has some cheapie 8 ounce containers that come 5 or 6 for a dollar and they work fine.
Thank you. I will also be leaving core cat food out as well. If I use what your talking about can I still do that ?

Back