Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Odessa and odin...

Mackenzie l

Lairian
I guess they are not going to sleep again tonight. Really have to figure out how to get them on a schedule.

Not sure if I asked this but how warm should I keep the house. Its at 70 i have mostly hardwood floors so they are colder. But they seem to shiver alot.
I dont want them cold or having to grow hair. But i want them comfortable..
15524357833686459373980577098070.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
Awhhh they are settling in fast !
My house is 76 degrees all year
Many of us keep extra blankets around
( mine still prefer this eover their Hester k&h bed !)
@Xandria has a nice set up hope she gets a chance to share a pic

Mine do not wear sweaters after a near mishap when a nail got stuck om it amd she nearly fell from a high place

They have learned quick that mum is a toasty warm spot!
Adorable pic! Btw do you spell Odin with an “ I or e?”

Sheldon13

Staff member
I use K&H pet warmers for Ellie and a blanket on top. It gets really warm and I never see her shiver. She also has less hair since I’ve had them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I keep our house at 23 Celsius, which is 73.5. They do have lots of blanket caves and a heated bed to retreat to if they're cold. I also leave my heat pad on medium when I'm at work for them which auto turns off.

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I keep mine at 72. I find that even in the middle of summer when it's 100 outside they STILL want to be under a blanket though so .. who knows

Toa and Ross

Staff member
My house is around 70 degrees too. I have a lot of blankets out where they can crawl under. Cats also shiver when they're excited or a bit stressed. They still have to get used to their new home so maybe that's why they shiver?
They're beyond cute!

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
76 here and the cats still burrow under blankets or find a sunny spot to lay in.

It's South Florida so it doesn't get cold except for a few days. I'm sure you guys in the great frozen tundra of the north are going to laugh, but cold to me is below 70. If the temperature inside is going to drop below 70, then I turn the heater on. Believe me I wish I didn't have to because one day I'm paying to run the heater and the next day I'm paying to run the AC, but even if I could put on more clothes, I don't want to freeze the felines.

Back