Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Off to one of those scary halloween places

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Every year around Halloween my girl friend and I try to find a really scary thing to do. We are headed out in a bit to the Bates motel some place deep in Pa. It is rated very high and has been on the travel channel for the most scary.:Surprise: We are taking our kids plus 2 extra so 2 adults and 6 kids. With weirdos chasing us with chain saws. Wish me luck.
2 hour drive hope it is worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:

susi794

Staff member
Sounds like an adventure--althougth going ANYWHERE with 6 kids sounds scary to me! LOL

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG!!! i'm THE BIGGEST scardy-cat EVER!!!!! i cant even watch scary movie commercials!!!
Best of luck to you- hope you enjoy yourself. and please- dont tell us all about it ;) *kidding*

xxx_phoenix_xxx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
ooooooooooooo sounds fab hope you have a spooky time lol and good luck with all the kids:Dizzy:

Been to one once and never again as I am such a big baby! Inside, as you go over a bridge in the dark and fog, people reach out at you from under the bridge. I of course panicked anad yanked my leg away when I felt it touched and accidentally kicked a pillar on the bridge and broke my toe. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
You are one brave Mom. Hope you had a lot of fun. My husband won't let me go to those things anymore as I almost decked a kid at a Sunday School Haunted House fundraiser once. I don't do well when I'm startled. :Pudently:

Inferno12

Banned
OMG!!! i'm THE BIGGEST scardy-cat EVER!!!!! i cant even watch scary movie commercials!!!
Best of luck to you- hope you enjoy yourself. and please- dont tell us all about it ;) *kidding*
Ha Ha....me too, me too. I HATE scary things.I watched one scary movie one time and it literally took me a week to watch it. It was awful! I have always been the biggest sissy since I was a kid.

We had a neighbor when I was a kid who would dress up as a stuffed scare crow in a chair with a bowl of candy in his lap. He would randomly grab kids hands as they grabbed candy out of the bowl. I refused to even go close to that house and everyone called me a baby. Who cares....I am a HUGE baby :LOL::LOL::LOL:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Well we made it back. It was a good one and really scary! Normally the actors do not or can not touch you, well not hear the one guy grabbed me by the ankles on the hay ride and drug me:Hysterical: Put the chain saw on our daughters back, it was crazy I have a sore throat from screaming. They put alot into it the props where great so anyone interested and near PA it was called THE BATES MOTEL.

oh and I am not a scary movie person either hide my head the whole time. But the kids love this stuff so I do it for them!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Sounds like you had a great time!!

Here in Spooky Mansfield Ohio, we have the Mansfield Ohio Reformatory,,it was the prison used in the movie Shawshank Redemption and a few others, it IS TRUELY HAUNTED. (Less than 5 minutes from my house!!!) Every year they open it up and deck it out for Halloween and by god that is the scariest place I've ever been!!! I actually peed my pants they scared me so bad,,,they had clowns chasing me with chainsaws..oh it was the most awful ever!!! But man,,it got my heart pumping!!! I went home crying and shaking!!!
I can laugh at it now tho..lol

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Sounds like you had a great time!!

Here in Spooky Mansfield Ohio, we have the Mansfield Ohio Reformatory,,it was the prison used in the movie Shawshank Redemption and a few others, it IS TRUELY HAUNTED. (Less than 5 minutes from my house!!!) Every year they open it up and deck it out for Halloween and by god that is the scariest place I've ever been!!! I actually peed my pants they scared me so bad,,,they had clowns chasing me with chainsaws..oh it was the most awful ever!!! But man,,it got my heart pumping!!! I went home crying and shaking!!!
You poor thing.
Any time I want be scared so hard that I pee my pants while crying and shaking, I just think about how we're going to afford to put our kids through college. :Surprise:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Glad you had a good time!!

I did the Ripleys haunted house thing in San Antonio a couple of years ago...it was the middle of the day so there was only me & my dad in there, meaning they concentrated all their scaring power on us!!! It was soooo bad i had an asthma attack and swore at some guy with a chainsaw!!!

Was fun though but never again!!!

X

ckutkuhn7

Banned
You poor thing.
Any time I want be scared so hard that I pee my pants while crying and shaking, I just think about how we're going to afford to put our kids through college. :Surprise:
10-4 on that thought!! I have three kids. My ex husband and I have already primed them for getting scholarships because neither of us can afford to put 3 kids through college.
Thankgod school comes so easy for them and they love it. One of them is even considered "gifted" so we know he'll do just fine. Its so dang hard to win arguments with him too!! Dang it!

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
they had clowns chasing me with chainsaws..oh it was the most awful ever!!!
I hate clowns, I think I would have a heart attack.:Cry:

I'd love to go to one of these things, maybe when the kids are a little older (or just husband and me :LOL:)

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I hate clowns, I think I would have a heart attack.:Cry:

I'd love to go to one of these things, maybe when the kids are a little older (or just husband and me :LOL:)
I think it helped me not have a heart attack,,because then I was so afraid someone would see my wet pants that I wasn't "as" worried about the stupid clown anymore!! lol

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I've been to the haunted old Mansfield Reformatory many times. It's the best Halloween place ever cause it's so atmospheric. They also do overnight ghost hunts that my niece has been pestering me about but there's no way I'm doing that. I do all I can to stay away from real ghosts - and that place really is haunted.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Yeh I don't do real ghosts either :Hysterical: knowing that it is fake is what gets me thru these kind of things.

tessblack

Banned
OK that sounds way too scary for me. I avoid them now because my EX husband and I went in one in Niagara Falls and the guys scared him and he turned around and punched him in the face. Ex Marine, probably not a good idea.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I've been to the haunted old Mansfield Reformatory many times. It's the best Halloween place ever cause it's so atmospheric. They also do overnight ghost hunts that my niece has been pestering me about but there's no way I'm doing that. I do all I can to stay away from real ghosts - and that place really is haunted.
yea, they do a good job there. I'm totally going on one of those overnight ghost hunts one day tho!!! I'm a thrill seeker - call me crazy!! lol

I've lived in a few haunted houses and have had a few encounters,,its always so strange,,but I think I can handle it.