Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Off to the vet

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yoda and I are off to the vet in an hour. Sunday morning I accidentally left their food jar open on the counter thinking I put it away. Raven and Finn gladly ate up the remaining 7 oz between the two of them (directly after their 3oz breakfast). I noticed wet stools in the litter box Sunday night, but didn’t think anything of it since I expected it with my two kitties binge. I got home from work yesterday around 5, and noticed diarrhea in all 3 litter boxes. As I was scoping them, Yoda jumped in and I realized he was the one with diarrhea, and he didn’t even take part in the raw binge. I gave him some slippery elm and then everyone ate dinner at 6. Two hours later Yoda puked up said dinner. He had diarrhea in the night again as I woke up to it in the boxes, and even some drops on the floor. He isn’t interested in food at all this morning (he will eat his favourite churu treat). The only thing that’s changed is I bought new treats that were discounted at bulk barn Sunday (beef liver) and Yoda is the only one who ate them. I’m praying his stomach is just upset from the new treats (I’ve already thrown them out) and nothing worse. I’m such a suck I was crying with him in the closet last night (he slept in our laundry bin). So good vibes are needed for Yoda and myself
7f40cc192b6aec8b09a771507c6dfb3d.jpg
a40ca15593071975d06ed40e17b53e1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

denise irwin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Bailey21
Awe my poor little grandson Yoda. Feel better little man and hope the vet can make your tummy better. Grandma loves you. Bailey call mama anytime to talk my sweet girl.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We're back home. The vet did a good feel of his stomach and didn't feel any type of blockage. He was going to do x-rays and blood work, but he gave Yoda a treat and since he ate it, he decided to give an anti nausea shot (famotidine) and hes confident he will eat tonight. He gave me the same medication but in a pill form to give to Yoda for the next 10 days. If he doesn't eat tonight then we go for the blood work and x-rays.

Jeanhill72

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We're back home. The vet did a good feel of his stomach and didn't feel any type of blockage. He was going to do x-rays and blood work, but he gave Yoda a treat and since he ate it, he decided to give an anti nausea shot (famotidine) and hes confident he will eat tonight. He gave me the same medication but in a pill form to give to Yoda for the next 10 days. If he doesn't eat tonight then we go for the blood work and x-rays.
Hopefully it was just something in the treats and he will clear up in the next few days with the help of the medicine.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Positive vibes are sent...since you mentioned the new treats, I will remain positive that is what triggered the changes. Famotidine does wonders ...our Bengal had some upset tummy bouts and 24 hours later right back to normal...hoping your experience the same. I will be looking for updates and as always if you need extra support you can message me...I understand the worry.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thank you everyone for the positive vibes and support. It truly means a lot! So far all is well. He ate his dinner like a champ, and while his stool was still pancake consistancy it wasn’t diarrhea. He’s much more himself today compared to his lethargic state last night.

@Catzzzmeow I’m glad to hear the same med really helped your bengal. It seems like a miracle worker so far.

On our way home after our visit
54f21f935adf97ebb481bc837895a086.jpg

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Annejo12 We truly do! Every issue puts me right into a panic. I hate it so much when they're unwell.

@Toa and Ross @Lynn W He's back to himself today! Last night we had a nice little DA Bird session and he was running and jumping like a kitten! And this morning he brought me his favorite ball we play fetch with.

I gave him some more slippery elm last night since he still had soft stool. No poops so far today in the box so I will be on poop patrol after work!

I can't wait to give him a bath, I'm going to wait a day or two for his bum to feel better before giving it a good wash, its quite dirty after his recent bathroom experiences. :sick::  (

alana447

Lairian
Yoda and I are off to the vet in an hour. Sunday morning I accidentally left their food jar open on the counter thinking I put it away. Raven and Finn gladly ate up the remaining 7 oz between the two of them (directly after their 3oz breakfast). I noticed wet stools in the litter box Sunday night, but didn’t think anything of it since I expected it with my two kitties binge. I got home from work yesterday around 5, and noticed diarrhea in all 3 litter boxes. As I was scoping them, Yoda jumped in and I realized he was the one with diarrhea, and he didn’t even take part in the raw binge. I gave him some slippery elm and then everyone ate dinner at 6. Two hours later Yoda puked up said dinner. He had diarrhea in the night again as I woke up to it in the boxes, and even some drops on the floor. He isn’t interested in food at all this morning (he will eat his favourite churu treat). The only thing that’s changed is I bought new treats that were discounted at bulk barn Sunday (beef liver) and Yoda is the only one who ate them. I’m praying his stomach is just upset from the new treats (I’ve already thrown them out) and nothing worse. I’m such a suck I was crying with him in the closet last night (he slept in our laundry bin). So good vibes are needed for Yoda and myself

Sending much positivity your way, glad to hear all went well with vet...hope he feels much better.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Yoda mom thanks for checking in! He’s been tip top ever since. I’ve been finding soft serve in the litter box on and off all week, the problem is I can’t figure out who’s doing it! They’ve been in the back yard this week so I figure someone is eating something they shouldn’t. I hate poop issues. Yoda also chewed one of the wool snake toys we had so I figure that probably caused some issues as well

@alana447 thank you!
cebfc74d4c130e8e139317e6ca47f654.jpg
ad5887dea74a5726ffd819698d5e622c.jpg

Back