Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Officially getting our second sphynx!

TheZu

Lairian
It's official, we will be getting our second sphynx in a few weeks, a little flame point Male with blue eyes (I'll share pictures when we get him!)

I'm praying him and Missy will become fast friends :) Ig anyone had any tips for introductions I'm all ears! Missy just turned a year old in the middle of April, so they are close in age. Missy is a very social cat already and the main reason we decided on second sphynx to keep her company.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
How exciting! Here is some info you might find helpful.

I can’t wait to see the pics,

Cinafina

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@TheZu That's great, very exciting! I'm sure they'll be friends in no time. I can't really offer advise on introductions though... When we brought Vinnie home, Butchie simply woke up to find his new baby brother roaming about the apartment, and instantly loved him! They have got along wonderfully since day one, but I know that's not always the case, and it takes a bit more work a lot of the time.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Oh how exciting! I introduced two new sphynx and everytime they accepted them without any issues so I'm not a great adviser on this if you want slow intro's.

Sheldon13

Staff member
I’ll bet you can introduce them quickly since your other is still practically a kitten too. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yoda mom

Staff member
@TheZu ahhh! So excited for you and Missy!

Can’t wait for pics and updates!

Lots of great threads about intros !

I have 4 adoptees all close in age that get along great
I set up a kitty room , did slow intros , cross scented towels placed by their food dishes and beds , dual play under the door , rotated free roaming in the beginning ,
Amd of course added extra litter box
( Ask whar litter , style of box , and food he gets and slowly transition )

Keep us posted on name ideas ?

MeerkatNip

Lairian
I hope they become friends too! I have only ever rescued before, so it's even more tough having to introduce yourself and your pets to your new kitty. My number one must have is hiding/ escape places that are quiet and away from people/pets so they feel calm.
Please tell us what names you are thinking about too ;)

TheZu

Lairian
Thank you everyone for the reading material! Super helpful.

We have decided on a name forthe little fellow too. We are huge musical lovers. Missy's full name is "The Magical Ms Mistoffelees", after one of the cats in the musical "Cats". Keeping on theme, we will be naming him "Old Deuteronomy" with the nickname "Dude", as voted on by my church middle school group!

Yoda mom

Staff member
@TheZu do you have s gotcha date set?
Little Dude I am sure is darling
Look forward to gotcha pics
Hope you get a chance to share a pic of Missy :)

Keep us updated! So excited for you amd Missy!

oolahappi

Lairian
It's official, we will be getting our second sphynx in a few weeks, a little flame point Male with blue eyes (I'll share pictures when we get him!)

I'm praying him and Missy will become fast friends :) Ig anyone had any tips for introductions I'm all ears! Missy just turned a year old in the middle of April, so they are close in age. Missy is a very social cat already and the main reason we decided on second sphynx to keep her company.
Congrats! These cats are like chips, can't stop at one.
I attempted to introduce an adult female Balinese to my 18 month old female Sphynx last summer and it was a disaster. The newcomer was too alpha, so I had to give her to a friend. I'm trying again with a male kitten and my plan is to keep them separated for a weekend. I have a den so when one comes out, the other goes in. This way they smell each other, but don't see each other. Hissing is normal, which I expect. The breeder I use says cross genders usually work well.

TheZu

Lairian
So, long story short, we won't be getting the flame point Male, but we are getting this little guy!!! He's a seal point, five weeks old. Do you think his eyes will stay blue?

Attachments

• IMG_7295.jpg
    IMG_7295.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_7287.jpg
    IMG_7287.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_7294.jpg
    IMG_7294.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 65

Sheldon13

Staff member
So, long story short, we won't be getting the flame point Male, but we are getting this little guy!!! He's a seal point, five weeks old. Do you think his eyes will stay blue?

I would say yes! Usually they have their permanent eye color by around 4 weeks. However, it can take up to 9 months to fully mature. Check out the link!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

oolahappi

Lairian
Let us know how they turn out. My baby is 3-4 weeks and appears to have blue eyes, but the breeder said the final eye colour would NOT be blue, so. . . .
You may be right @Sheldon13 and @Uksphynxmum, the eyes seem to be taking on a greenish hue. I think he's almost 7 weeks now. The breeder takes the worst pics, but I get to see him in person on Sunday. @TheZu Did your little boy's eyes stay blue?

Attachments

• IMG_2193.JPG
    IMG_2193.JPG
    78.8 KB · Views: 40
Back