Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

oh Marceline!!

Fayiza

Lairian
Impatiently waiting for my baby’s gotchya day! Only 9 more days left!!! As the date comes closer and closer I keep gazing at the breeders update pictures. Lol I just cannot get enough of her, I want more!

So here are pictures of Marceline at 5 weeks, 7 weeks and 10 weeks old! I love how her color is developing richer and deeper. Breeder says she looking like a chocolate tabby mink bc she has soft brown tones in person. But her tabby markings are diluted and don’t really show except for the white highlights under her nose. Her colors vary from picture to picture, so I can’t wait to see her with my own eyes.

August 26th I finally get to meet her in person

Attachments

Last edited:

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Marceline is such a beautiful cutie! It's great to see how she's changing and will be more great to follow her the coming years.
Let the count down till gotcha day begin!

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG! That face! And what a purrfect name! Big congratz on your new baby!

Lynn W

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
She is darling..we're counting the days down with you..send lots of pictures!! {=

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She’s super adorable! The last days are the longest for sure, but the wait is 1/2 the fun.
I’d guess blue mink tabby, on account of that adorable blue nose.

Fayiza

Lairian
She’s super adorable! The last days are the longest for sure, but the wait is 1/2 the fun.
I’d guess blue mink tabby, on account of that adorable blue nose.
I was thinking blue too! But I asked the breeder and she said in person she looks more chocolate. I guess we’ll find out once I see her with my own eyes!!!!

Fayiza

Lairian
She looks like a grumpy princess!! so I had to give her a prim name

kauna

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She's beautiful! Soon she will be home.

She almost looks like a blue mink. My girl is a blue mink torti, her blue was very faint as a kitten but as she has gotten older it is more pronounced.

Fayiza

Lairian
I thought she was blue too, but in person I can see what the breeder was talking about. She’s very warm toned, and the tips of her ears darken a bit more to brown. I think her eye color is still changing bc sometimes they look blue and sometimes they look green.

Attachments

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
She is just perfect...and you will see the sweetest chocolate ever lol.

Monica

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
@Fayiza The easiest & most reliable way to tell color on a Sphynx is by looking at their paws pad & nose leather colors. There’s a cool chart of cat colors that is fairly accurate for purebreds!
It’s a lot of info, but it’s the best reference I’ve seen online. Ignore the coat colors to the right of the ‘Colorpoint Sepia’ column. Those are exclusively for haired cats! Check it out:

Sphynx Color Chart

Ps. Mink eyes are some of my fav eye colors! They’re very dimensional & tend to appear different depending on lighting. In my experience, their eyes will continue to intensify & mature throughout kittenhood. I love looking back at Gotcha Day photos & seeing how their eyes have changed to gems!

Fayiza

Lairian
@Fayiza The easiest & most reliable way to tell color on a Sphynx is by looking at their paws pad & nose leather colors. There’s a cool chart of cat colors that is fairly accurate for purebreds!
It’s a lot of info, but it’s the best reference I’ve seen online. Ignore the coat colors to the right of the ‘Colorpoint Sepia’ column. Those are exclusively for haired cats! Check it out:

Sphynx Color Chart

Ps. Mink eyes are some of my fav eye colors! They’re very dimensional & tend to appear different depending on lighting. In my experience, their eyes will continue to intensify & mature throughout kittenhood. I love looking back at Gotcha Day photos & seeing how their eyes have changed to gems!
This is so helpful! Thank you! I thought she was a chocolate but now I’m thinking she’s developing into a blue! Some days she looks more blue and some days brown.... but I’m stating to think the brown days are bc she just woke up and is oily

I’ll have to get some good pics of her paw pads to show, and maybe someone can help me out. Make a vote for wether she’s chocolate or blue. Even the breeder wasn’t sure.

Everyday I see her changing so maybe her real color with be more obvious when she’s a bit older