Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Oh! Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
My thoughts exactly gizmo! :Angry:We should go and chop off the tip of their fingers and see how they like the feeling.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
They are beautiful! But why did they have to declaw??? Pooor babies!!!!:Cry:

RonaDolvi

Lairian
Declawed or not, the black one, Naji, is mine. I just met with the woman and put a hold on him, and I'll give her the rest of the money when we move. I have her email, phone number, address and a written contract for him.

She's gonna send me pictures tonight of him, and I'll post them for all to see.

I'm offically a Sphynx mommy! :BigSmile:

I don't like that he was declawed (front and back :Cry: ) But he's as sweet as pie.

gizmo6370

Banned
Congrats on your sphynx baby :BigSmile:.....to bad you can take them both....i feel a bit sad that they are living together all that time.....and now they are gonna be seperated....

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm pleased for you and your baby!:ThumbsUp:

Fingers crossed that the other will find a great home too very very soon.

X

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Congrats.....I also noticed that the ad was flagged?? I hope there is nothing fishy going on there!!

dragynflye

Lairian
it was probably flagged because craigslist doesn't allow "selling" of animals, only rehoming with a SMALL fee. regardless of what the animal is worth, or was purchased for originally, most ads with a fee over $100 or so seem to get flagged.

(i didn't get to see the ad, either, so i'm basing my comments off of what others have said)
congrats on your new baby. i can't wait to see pictures! while i hate declawing, it's not like you did it. at least one of the kitties will now have a loving home. i hope the other is as lucky.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Congrats on your new baby!

I was under the impression that Sphynx couldn't be declawed because their paws are different from normal cats. I have never been a believer of declawing anyhow but thats what I've read before.

RonaDolvi

Lairian
Congrats.....I also noticed that the ad was flagged?? I hope there is nothing fishy going on there!!

Our Craig'sList is a bit of a drama-hole for such. If ANYONE thinks the animal is overpriced, they flag it. It's stupid.

I've got him, but she's holding him for me.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Our Craig'sList is a bit of a drama-hole for such. If ANYONE thinks the animal is overpriced, they flag it. It's stupid.

I've got him, but she's holding him for me.

Well, I am glad that you are going to give him a good home!! I hope the other is as lucky. Good luck with your new baby! Keep us updated with pictures and such.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
hmmm I wonder whats going on? Either the person on here changed their mind or maybe the person is trying to find someone who will take both? Maybe another shady dealing??

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh my....I hope that you are not getting trapped!! I had someone try to do that to me when I was buying my first sphynx and it was heartbreaking!! I wish for only the best outcome for you and the 2 beautiful kitties!!

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh my....I hope that you are not getting trapped!! I had someone try to do that to me when I was buying my first sphynx and it was heartbreaking!! I wish for only the best outcome for you and the 2 beautiful kitties!!

My thoughts exactly! This sounds pretty scary! If RonaDolvi put a deposit and didnt get any contract for the one she is supposed to get that is just scary! I hope we are all wrong and RonaDolvi will have him/her in their home soon!!

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I only posted as I noticed it was placed, after Rona said he'd got the one held for him. Seemed dodgy, hopefully its just a delayed posting.

myspecialboy

Lairian
I only live about an hour from Indy, but I am not a big fan of Craigslist.

I didn't think you could declaw both the front and back. They would have no way of defending themselves if they were to get outside somehow.

hfwebb

Lairian
Bert my rescue from the Humane Society is declawed in the front and back. I had never seen this before him.

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Unfortunately, as retired vet tech.........there are vets that will do this with no problems and just charge more. I worked at a clinic in my teen years that did plenty of front and back declaws all in one surgery so the cats were crawling on their elbows and knees....and the cats are not given enough pain medicine.

Later I was fortunate to work at a clinic that only performed front and back declaws for special circumstances...like if the owner was in a wheelchair, had a communicable disease etc. And we would only do it in two seperate surgeries a month apart, so the cat didnt have to go through it all at once. We also charged extra and used a narcotic drug patch that stuck to the cats skin to deliver constant pain control.

Its a good way to decide if you have a good vet....call and ask if they do front and back declaws.....see what they say.

Wonder why the person is getting rid of their cats? That is so sad if they get split up...I hope it works out for the person on here that put a hold on one.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This is so sad, those poor babies. It's illeagal in the UK to declaw cats now, they've also made it illeagal to pin dogs ears or dock tails...I must admit it's weird seeing boxers with tails but that's how nature intended them to be.

I hope they both find good homes :Cry:

X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back