Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Ok To Use Hand-Me-Down sweaters?

badtwin14

Lairian
Hello! Random question - I'm going to be getting a new kitten and have saved my current baby's old kitten sweaters. Do you think it's OK to put them on my new baby? Does it matter that the old sweaters would have the existing cat's scent on them? Or am I overthinking this altogether? lol

celsei

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The scent is actually good to have because it'll help them mix scents/get used to each other. Scent is an important part of cats accepting/befriending new cats they like familar scent so your resident cat will smell a bit of himself on the baby and the baby will get used to resident cat's smells.

badtwin14

Lairian
The scent is actually good to have because it'll help them mix scents/get used to each other. Scent is an important part of cats accepting/befriending new cats they like familar scent so your resident cat will smell a bit of himself on the baby and the baby will get used to resident cat's smells.

Thank you for the info! I appreciate it!

badtwin14

Lairian
In six weeks I think!
53c8992c44fd6281e9a1c8e7950482bc.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
First, there shouldn't be an issue with recycling clothing. Just remember to wash them after each wearing, which could eliminate the scent for the most part.

Second, your little girl is absolutely stunning. I cannot wait to see her colours develop and deepen.

Third, I love Princess Winona a.k.a. Winnie as a name.

Max's technical name is Lord Maximillian von Strange and Min's name is Lady Wilhelmina von Strange. So be as wild as you want with the legal name :)

badtwin14

Lairian
First, there shouldn't be an issue with recycling clothing. Just remember to wash them after each wearing, which could eliminate the scent for the most part.

Second, your little girl is absolutely stunning. I cannot wait to see her colours develop and deepen.

Third, I love Princess Winona a.k.a. Winnie as a name.

Max's technical name is Lord Maximillian von Strange and Min's name is Lady Wilhelmina von Strange. So be as wild as you want with the legal name :)

Thank you for the post!!! I think she's a beauty too! That was her at 6 weeks. She is 8 now. Can't wait for an updated photo!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jynxified

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
As others have said reusing your kitten clothing really isn't an issue. My inlaws had a MinPin and when it passed, they just gave us all of its old clothes. We have used several pieces. We just don't tell our Sphynx they were once dog clothes lol

Back