Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Okay. guess I'm going to have to.

J

Jinxlover

Okay, I'm going to have to post this..

To everyone that is slamming me all over the internet...

I'm not sure what you think is going on but your WRONG! Just because I didn't get on a public forum to defend myself I'm guilty...

Someone is running around saying I sold all the berries with breeding rights..NOT TRUE.. I did nothing wrong this is just a big misunderstanding. I made it very plain that they were to be fixed. Everyone of those kittens is in great homes where they will be fixed and loved as the pets they were meant to be. I was put in an unfortunate situation that I never ask to be put in and I did the best I could.

What people should have done before they started to talk is ask me what was going on. I would have told anyone that took the time to ask, I answered many PM's on this but I guess the person that is slamming me all over could not be bothered to ask first.

Just b/c I chose not to splash it all over a public board, they chose to think I was In the wrong..Sad really.. I loved those kittens, vetted them and found them what I thought was good homes..

IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTIONS FELL FREE TO PM ME AND ASK....THANK YOU..SHANNON

Bella07

Banned
Oh Shannon, I am so sorry that this is happening to you. I wasn't aware of the fact that anyone was slamming you, as I have not heard of anything of such a sort. Whoever is spreading this false information, should really stop. You're right, learn the truth before you start spreading rumors. I thought we all agreed to be respectful to one another on this site, but apparently, this person feels that they are not entitled to do so.....:Cry: I'm sorry for that......

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you to Shannon for clearing that up, and for raising the berries as well as you did! As I have said before they where very lucky to end up with you as their first mommy as some people may not have been able to do what you did mentally, physically, and financially.:ThumbsUp:

I do hope that this bashing is happening else where? Altho I am sorry it is happening at all:ThumbsDown: Everyone here knows where admin and I stand on this and you all know we are just a message away!

J

Jinxlover

Thank you to Shannon for clearing that up, and for raising the berries as well as you did! As I have said before they where very lucky to end up with you as their first mommy as some people may not have been able to do what you did mentally, physically, and financially.:ThumbsUp:

I do hope that this bashing is happening else where? Altho I am sorry it is happening at all:ThumbsDown: Everyone here knows where admin and I stand on this and you all know we are just a message away!

Thank you.. It is not happening here. They are getting there info from here, but it is happening through my privet email.

I just really wish they had come to me first before they started this...

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That is crazy! You did absolutely nothing wrong. If I remember correctly, your original sphynx was pregnant when you got her. And you nor the breeder knew about this.

Hell, you spent the time learning about the kittens and probably spent even more time finding homes for them. Not just any home, but good homes.

I dare anyone in your situation to do better. I don't think I could.

I would like to know who or where you are being bashed so I can defend you.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What!?!?! I had no idea this was going on! Shannon, I am truly sorry you are having to deal with this mess.Do you know who is doing this to you?

I personally think you did an outstanding job with the Berries. IMO, you did far more than most people found in your situation would have done. I remember that a woman offered you 2000 for Peeve, many people would have jumped at that and sold them all to the highest bidders. I applaud you for the work you did raising them and finding them what you thought to be the best homes.

Make no mistake Gummi will be spayed, and yes to anyone interested, that was always the agreement, in fact it was the one condition Shannon insisted on for adopting her.

HUGS to you Shannon and Blueberry~This too shall pass

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I hadn't heard any of this either. I'm sorry your having to go through this and hopefully this sets everyones facts straight. Hoping for better days for you.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh Shannon, I am so sorry that this is happening to you. I wasn't aware of the fact that anyone was slamming you, as I have not heard of anything of such a sort. Whoever is spreading this false information, should really stop. You're right, learn the truth before you start spreading rumors. I thought we all agreed to be respectful to one another on this site, but apparently, this person feels that they are not entitled to do so.....:Cry: I'm sorry for that......

This! Big hugs

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ya know, the more I think about this, the madder I am :Angry: I honestly feel extremely honored to have been given the chance to adopt Gummi Bare. Even though this was an unplanned litter, They really brought something special to this forum. A lot of people followed their growth and felt as if they had a hand in raising these Berry babies. I not only feel honored to have Gummi in my life but I also feel an obligation the members of the lair to allow Gummi to remain a part of their lives also. It's why I post about her so often.

I hate to see something so special tarnished by this sort of nonsense. Shannon~we support you and I got your back, Girlfriend!!:ThumbsUp:

susi794

Staff member
Shannon,
You are wonderful--you did right by those kittens and don't let anybody, anywhere, convince you otherwise. I haven't heard anything about you anywhere either--but if I do, rest assured that I will defend you as well. People should get a life--don't they have enough misery and trouble in their own lives that they feel the need to cause it for other people? They are to be pitied Shannon. Anyone that knows you, knows that you wanted only the best for the Berries. This is a real shame....I know it's difficult, but just tell them you aren't interested in their opinions and that you, and all of us, feel sorry for them for acting the way they are.
People need to do as Ann Landers used to suggest and MYOB!!! (Mind your own business!)
You shouldn't have to defend yourself--what you do is your business and only yours. When are people going to "get it"?
Hugs, my friend--I know you did what you feel is right--and that is enough for me. I don't need to know more than that.

Nair Bare

Lairian
Holy moley Shannon, I had no idea this was happening to you. I made my post concerning the possible breeding of one of your kittens to ensure EVERYONE knew your position. You should not have to go thru this junk.

If these people are contacting you thru your private email, then send their names to the SL administration. Something tells me those people know how to use their "banned/delete" key.

I know you are a great person of quality and only have the Berries best interest at heart.Those of us who know you, are fully aware that those allegations, are pure poppy****.

J

Jinxlover

Thanks guys.. It means a lot to me..

The person that started it is no longer a member here and the "breeder" that sent the email is also not a member here(that I know of anyway).

In the email they even suggested I was not a good home for Blueberry:Cry:. I love Blueberry and would never do anything to harm her..

holly_savage

Banned
Shannon, try not to take these things to heart...just think about where it is coming from, and if this/these people feel the need to attack you on a personla level, then walk away and hit the delete key.
If you believe in karma, then a person always gets in return what they dish out.

Keep your chin up...you are a comendable and loving person.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Thanks guys.. It means a lot to me..

The person that started it is no longer a member here and the "breeder" that sent the email is also not a member here(that I know of anyway).

In the email they even suggested I was not a good home for Blueberry:Cry:. I love Blueberry and would never do anything to harm her..

psssshhh!!! What do they know?! Only what others have said or their own opinions that they have created. You did a wonderful job with the berries and thats the bottom line. None of it is really anybodys business except yours and whoever you homed the kittens with,,I'm sort of bummed I didn't think to get my dibs in on one now. lol

Oh well,,,we love you and thats all that matters!! :BigSmile: *HUGS*

Inferno12

Banned
who is talking trash about you??? Let Johnny and I at em....no one talks about his girls mom like that. How dare people talk bad about others when they dont even know whats going on?

You have done an amazing job with the berries and if Johnny wasnt fixed, I would send his sperm your way so you could have another litter of berries :ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:

firehillqueen

Banned
I have followed the story of the Berries from the first post and felt, like many other people here, a strong emotional connection to you and your kittens. I wish I could have been one of the lucky owners of the celebrity kittens. It is easy to misunderstand with the media we are dealing with consists only of the written notes. None the less, you have been perfectly clear in your intentions from what I have read here. Slander falls on us in many forms, cyber is just as painful, if not more so, than the old fashion school house slanderous mudslinging. Hard as it might be the best way to handle it now is ignore who ever is emailing you, block them or what ever is needed. Don't feed them with your frustration. You are admired and supported by your friends... even if we are cyber.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
When we exchanged PM's after the berries were born, we talked about getting them spayed/ neutered in their best interests (history unknown/ grandfather was probably their father too etc.) I said the same in the thread the other day. I think the confusion may come from the poster saying "You don't know what we agreed too/ talked about between ourselves" which made it seem like you could have sold them unspayed to be bred from.

The people gossiping, can mind their own business, and stop assuming things. You know what they say "when you assume it makes an a$$ out of you and me.'

I think you did the best you could, in the situation you were put in. You didn't know Boo was pregnant, and I know in pm's you only ever wanted to do whats right by Boo and the babies.

As for you not being a good enough home for Boo (I can't write what I think of that, without getting my wrist slapped by Admin for swearing :LOL:), they can 'go away.':Angry:

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The only thing I know about this situation is what I've read here in the lair. But from what I've read you were put into an unfortunate situation and handled it as best you could, with grace, dignity, and consideration of the unexpected lives that were entrusted to you.

People should mind their own business and STFU.

Shauntay

Banned
Shannon, you already know how I feel on the subject. Regardless of what one person may have posted, we all know there was an understanding the berries were to live out their lives as spoiled pets :) I stand behind you 100%. I believe truly generous and loving people are not as common as we would all hope, and you are definitely one of them in my eyes. I don't think just anyone would have devoted time, money, love and tears to those kittens (though Im pretty sure most of us skin-lovers here would die for the chance, lol) and you deserve a standing ovation for all of your hard work. Whatever any dimwit says, you did the best anyone could do by those babies, you raised them well, took great care of them, and placed them in loving homes! :) I think the Berries' personalities speak for themselves on how loved they were in your care! :)

Sleepyheadkitten

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm sorry someone would send you a nasty email- I figured if you wanted to post the rest of the story or clarify that crazy thread, you would do so on that thread. It did seem to infer that the kitten was sold with breeding rights and I cannot imagine that I was the only person to notice that fact- and I can only assume that's why people are emailing you nastygrams because of it.

At the end of the day, though, only you know what the agreement was between you and the other person- and if you did what's best for that kitten, along with the rest, that's all that matters. You are a great Mom to Blueberry and you did a good job raising those kittens.

Back