Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

oliver belly dancing - not quite.

DonSphynxMom

Lairian
oliver belly dances in hopes of getting some tips to spend on more treats ...

and morris is doing another type of dancing in the bathroom....

but then oliver worked up a thirst from doing so much dancing....

which ended up in him having to pee ...

"OK. I BELLY DANCED & PEED IN THE TOILET ... NOW WHEN DO I GET A TREAT??"

THE END

Last edited by a moderator:

Brooke

Banned
HAHA!!! I love how they look in the toilet when they're done to see what they've "accomplished" :LOL::LOL: too cute!

Haji the Sphynx

Lairian
I so WISH it was realistic for me to train Haji to to take a leak in the toilet. I only haave one bathroom, so sharing a toilet with a sphynx is not my idea of a good time.

DonSphynxMom

Lairian
aww thnx maggies mommy. the only thing that was missing was a hookah for them to smoke like in the belly dancing arabic cafes LOL

toilet training them was very simple. it took me 8 weeks approximately. i bought a plastic potty training seat for them now b/c i think it's safer and prevents them from falling on the toilet while they are still young and growing. but if you want to hear my step by step advice it may help.... for this you may need to get a small rectangular litter box or plain plastic container but dont throw away your old one incase you need to go back a step.

keep in mind through the entire training process the slower you go the less they notice you changing their toilet habbits. the idea is to go very slowly and keep your kittys safety. understand that they may go to the bathroom on the floor by ACCIDENT b/c their feline nature is to use the dirt not the toilet. you can switch their bathroom without them realizing. be slow & calm tempered.

1st i brought their litter box to level of the toilet and left it there for a week. this makes your kitty get used to the idea of jumping on the toilet.

2nd close the toilet lid and put the box on top of it for all times. ppl in the house that need 2 use the toilet start complaining now and it becomes alittle more difficult but you should leave it like this for another week.

now you need to buy a plastic container that fits on your toilet bowl & is not too deep and will hold itself between the seat and bowl. make sure its stable and doesnt shake so your kitty will always feel safe and comfortable.

3rd take away your litter box without discarding it incase you need to go back a step. put the container you bought to fit your toilet bowl. now fill the plastic container with litter. keep this the way it is for one week.

4th now start make a litte circle in the middle of the bowl. i used a saughtering knife.
make it small in the beginning but increase the size little by little every 5 days always leaving litter around the hole. at this stage your cat is getting used to hearing the litter drop in the toilet and maybe possibly will aim inside the toilet. the kitties will be sticking their heads in the toilet curious about the water so keep your toilet clean. some kittens will try to aim directly on the litter as oppossed to the hole. when you notice that happen then it means you should make the hole larger every 10 days instead of 5.

5th step is you will have made the hole so large that your kitty is actually using no litter. Your kitty is more attached to his new litter container and is relying on the container for the comfort of smelling his scent. so the idea is to make the hole very large so that kitty can no longer stand on it, but will be able to see it and smell his scent on it.

6th step is to remove the container completely, which will be just a plastic rim by this stage. do this when you are home to supervise them, which avoids accidents on the floor.

hopefully by then you will have a happy kitty and never need to see, smell, or even think of the litter box again. from stages 1 -6 carry them to their toilet sometimes. praise them with petting and SPECIAL YUMMY treats they get only for using the bathroom. they will hopefully enjoy the experience and purposely use the bathroom when you are in there just to make sure they get a treat.

i wrote this to the best of my knowledge. lol. i hope it helps some ppl. if you have any questions let me know. :)

DonSphynxMom

Lairian
Haji that is something i never thought about before i trained them! sometimes there is a line to use the bathroom! LOL but woman have to wait in lines everywhere they go lol at least the boyz dont take long lol

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Wow I must say that is amazing!:ThumbsUp: How old when you started to train them to use the potty? I would so love mine to do that. Your directions are great. I don't think I could do it with our 2 kids and them always having friends in and out, how do I explain the litter in the toilet? I know everyone in this house would not help with this! I comend you for A job well done!
I think you should start A kitty potty training camp fo A fee we could all send you our cat for 8 weeks and you can train them to use the potty:Laugh:

Oh and the dancing was great too!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Ok I'm totally jealous:Sad: Meecho failed out of potty training school, but I really liked the belly dancing one. Especially at the end with the close up of his face:BigSmile:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I also was laughing out load at the way he turned round to have a look at what he'd done down the loo! I have though about training my cats as well, there was a training set in the pet store i was in a couple of months back and I considered it. I have carpet on my bathroom floor though so it could get messy! Would have to put some sort of sheet down on the floor i think. Bet you save a forture by not having to buy cat litter.

Back