Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

OMG! This is unbelievable!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have seen that same sphynx listed for something else too I cant remember what it was. Maybe she was trying to sell. But now trade for appliances:Angry::Angry: UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!! And he is not fixed!!!!!!!!:Angry::Angry:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Yea - I saw that this morning from the yahoo sphynx rescue group I'm in. How sickening. I understand hard times and all and believe me I'm living them but I would never give up my cat-kid for a stupid appliance. She should be searching craigslist for a freaking stove - not a trade off!

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
What a crock of sh****! I hope their freakin appliance breaks down! I would cook on a campfire in the backyard and use a ice chest. I want that kitty out of there!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It makes me so mad that someone like that is allowed any sort of pet let alone a hairless baby...makes me sick to my core...glad I'm not near them I think I would've gone round and busted something over their heads!

X

TheFlork

Lairian
I don't care how hard times are i would never give up a cat. I fully expect to be the bum with a cat riding his back.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
I don't care how hard times are i would never give up a cat. I fully expect to be the bum with a cat riding his back.

YUP - if I ever go totally bottom up I will defintley be the homeless lady they find in a old warehouse thats made a home for herself and all of her crazy kitties! lol

Bring in the barrels and light up the fires!! Let's get it warmer in here!!! lol

Annelies

Lairian
:Dizzy: Strange.... Yes the're are people, who are thinking that animals are "things". Like ovens, computers and such. I'm happy the cat would be rehomed!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:Angry: What a bunch of jack**sses! :Angry: Some people don't deserve to have a sphynx! The only good thing is hopefully that poor kitty will eventually be with new people who'll actually want and appreciate him.

silly4lilly

Lairian
how rotten!!!!!!!!!! poor kitty, i can dont even want to imagine environment he is living in. obviosly the owners do not care!

Treespirit

Lairian
Whoa! :Surprise: That is horrible and cold. Poor baby. Trades such as this just seem so heartless to me. I can understand if you can no longer keep an animal, but search for the home that is right for him, not for the home that has to offer what you want. Ugh! :ThumbsDown:

tessblack

Banned
How sad. He is so beautiful. Hopefully someone with some appliances to spare can get him and give him the home he deserves. So sick. Yeah I guess that is there way of getting around selling him.

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
While I agree this is sickening and disturbing I'm going to play the devils advocate here. Having done rescue for several years I've often seen stupid stuff like this, or what really makes me mad, wanting to trade one animal for another (no joke - I rescued an Afghan Hound he wanted to trade for an Italian Greyhound! Why get rid of one dog just to get another? Finally I was able to convince the jerk to take some art work I had that I was just going to take to the thrift shop anyway in exchange!) But my point on this one is at least they aren't giving him away for free, and he appears well cared for in that picture. I do hope someone good is able to get him and give him a proper home that'll cherish him for the beautiful boy he is and not just a piece of property!

Lulu Bird

Lairian
:Angry::Cry: I hate when people treat animals like a piece of furniture. I see it all the time where I work. This one lady told me she gave away her pitbull because she wanted a different color!!! Haven't these people ever heard of Goodwill? They could get an appliance there... but maybe they need shiny new ones instead of the old cat? Weiiiiiiiiiiirdos I wish I could give them a piece of my mind! He is adorable, I wish I could take him home with me :ThumbsDown:

Thanks for flagging this one - I think I will do the same.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian

They say the cat has TICA papers.
Must be from a breeder that has no idea they are doing this.
Jerks

Barebeauties

Lairian

They say the cat has TICA papers.
Must be from a breeder that has no idea they are doing this.
Jerks

I wonder if somebody could email these jerks and ask to see his pedigree then possibly contact the breeder, in the hope that the breeder would try to help this poor boy out. Everyone can see what is going to happen to this guy, blue eyes, intact, probably will spend the rest of his life in a crate. I just can't believe this - absolutely disgusting.

Jo

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I wonder if somebody could email these jerks and ask to see his pedigree then possibly contact the breeder, in the hope that the breeder would try to help this poor boy out. Everyone can see what is going to happen to this guy, blue eyes, intact, probably will spend the rest of his life in a crate. I just can't believe this - absolutely disgusting.

Jo
Already been done, we've been talking about this cat on the SphynxRescue Yahoo Group. The breeder that sold them this cat is not even the breeder that bred this cat, and these people bought him as a breeder - Guess they've found out what living with an intact male cat is like :( But long story short, there is no responsible breeder behind this cat to take him back and make sure he gets a decent home, so it's up to those of us that care to try to get him out of that situation and help make sure he gets a good home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back